Button Craft: Valentines Card

| February 8, 2012 | 11 Comments

This is a really quick and easy button craft, for a Valentines card. I initially got the inspiration from two sites Bond with Karla & Wedding Thrift. Both have some really fab crafts on them.

You need:

• A plain card
  • Selection of buttons
  • Coloured or patterned paper
  • Black pen
  • Scissors
  • Double-sided sticky tape

You simply cut a heart shape from the coloured paper. I used a template, as I wanted to make a few of the cards all at once.

I then stuck down the patterned paper with double-sided sticky tape.

I then worked out where I would put the buttons.

And stuck them down, again with double-sided sticky tape.

For the back of the card, a very small heart on the back.

Here is one of the cards I made on display.

It takes a max of 5-10 minutes per card, and the perfect craft for a button addict like me.

I am linking up this post to @mummiafelice’s

Inspire Me Beautiful

Tags: , , , ,

Category: handmade, Handmade Thursday, The Blog, Vintage

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Valentines Activities to do with your Children | January 23, 2013
  1. Karla Bond says:

Thanks so much for the mention. Your button heart turned out fantastic!
    Karla Bond recently posted..Green Week: DIY Home Decor ProjectsMy Profile

2. Liz Burton

What lovely cards.

Adds to the list of things to make :0)
    Liz Burton recently posted..Land of Sometimes Launch Party – win a copy of the CDMy Profile

3. Jenny Cottingham

Really cute, and not just for valentines

4. Chezza says:

Ahhhhh how sweet!! How many valentines do you have?? ;-)

5. Tracy (

That is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I need to start up my button collection again!

Thanks for linking up sweetie! Loving this commentluv thingy!
    Tracy ( recently posted..Handmade Thursday – Baking Mad Valentines Blogger CompetitionMy Profile

• Amanda (The Ana Mum Diary) says:

Yes, commentluv is genius!

Thank you, I’m starting to run out of buttons, not seen any good ones for ages!!

6. Super cute, you’ve got to love a button, if you don’t then quite frankly there’s something medically wrong with you. Great make although now I’m thinking about the phrase ‘love button’ which is all kinds of wrong! x
    ChrisTea And Cakes recently posted..Sweet HeartMy Profile

7. Jane

They look fab i think simpler designs always look great x