Picture Postcard

| May 23, 2012 | 15 Comments

The Gallery prompt today is ‘Picture Postcard’ I instantly thought of our holiday last year, which was in Devon. We stayed in this gorgeous thatched cottage, it really was idyllic.

Thatch roofed cottage

It was the first holiday we had been on in really long time, it was full of mixed emotions. I met up with my very good friend Molly from Molly and the Princess. We did whatever we liked for two whole weeks. The girls got sand in their toes, and fish and chips by the sea. We got lost in mazes and played tennis on the lawn.

But during this whole time we were waiting to hear the news.

Behind every photograph there is a story.

Ana Sig

Tags: ,

Category: The Gallery

1. Jenny Paulin

That’s is very Devon. Makes me think of a cream tea mmm X

2. OK, so now you’ve got me distracted about the news…….. Is it a secret? Please will you tell me so that I can focus on your lovely thatched cottage?!
    Helen Spencer recently posted..Family PostcardMy Profile

3. Richard Arblaster

I love the photo :-)
    Richard Arblaster recently posted..It’s a heatwaveMy Profile

4. Susan Mann

what a gorgeous picture. It looks like a classic x
    Susan Mann recently posted..The Gallery 100 – Picture PostcardMy Profile

5. That is my kind of holiday – cottage, Devon what’s not to love but the News? the news?
    helloitsgemma recently posted..Picture PostcardMy Profile

6. Nikki Thomas

Wow powerful stuff but very true that every picture tells a story! Most of mine say that I am obsessed with my children! Lovely photo xx
    Nikki Thomas recently posted..#I spy; I spy with my little eye, something beginning with …WMy Profile

7. As gorgeous as that cottage is I am distracted (being the nosey parker that I am) what the news was?
    fivegoblogging recently posted..Picture PostcardMy Profile

8. Ruth

Can you tell me where the cottage was? I’m always keen to find more lovely places to stay.
    Ruth recently posted..Magpie Monday – more cross stitch books and buttonsMy Profile

9. Oh that is a proper chocolate box cottage – beautiful!
    Multiple Mummy recently posted..Picture PostcardMy Profile

10. What my granny would have called a ‘jigsaw picture’. It’s beautiful
    Cheetahs In My Shoes recently posted..You’re Beautiful – Verulamium, St AlbansMy Profile

11. Sonia

That looks amazing! Where about in Devon is it? x
    Sonia recently posted..Day 144/366 – 2012 A Year in PicturesMy Profile

12. Molly

Looks very much like my parents’ home in Devon – gorgeous. x
    Molly recently posted..Comment on Equality begins at home by MollyMy Profile

13. Molly (not the Molly who commented above, a different one!)

It was soooo lovely to see you then, and I love the photo. But yes, it must have been a time of very mixed emotions as you had something else on your mind than just having fun :(
    Molly (not the Molly who commented above, a different one!) recently posted..Summer HandbagsMy Profile

14. Gina Caro

Great photo and a gorgeous house, would also love to know where abouts in Devon it is? x
    Gina Caro recently posted..No TimeMy Profile

15. Amanda Cottingham says:

Hi everyone. Thank you so much for all of the lovely comments.
    It was a really sad time whilst we were there, as my husband’s (Tall Dad) twin brother was very ill, and we waiting to hear news. Unfortunately the news was very sad.
    The cottage was called Ledgers Cottage, in Clyst St Mary. It was the most beautiful cottage, so peaceful and homely.
    Almost wish I’d not chosen this picture, but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the prompt.
    I’m sorry that I sounded so cryptic it really wasn’t my intention.

Amanda x