Archive for July, 2012
Sita Brahmachari is the author of Artichoke Hearts, for which she won the Waterstones Childrens Book Prize 2011, and Jasmine Skies which was published in March 2012.
What an inspiration this lady is. I am going to blog in more detail about our day but wanted to share with you the fruits of our labour in the forest.
As part of the creative writing exercise we passed around the holey stone.
**please note** The closing date is now the 13th of August
Image thanks to : Loren Sztajer
Are you and your partner in need of bringing your style into the 21st century or do you never have the time to spend on yourselves?
Do you look need a little style advice, that will blow those fashion cobwebs away?
I know, have they seen what Tall Dads and my fashion sense is like?
We’re searching for our Mr & Mrs Joe Browns, to get you looking like the best dressed, show-stopping couple you deserve to be. Whether your style is casual or glam, we want you to feel super stylish, full of confidence and love the way you look together.
You could win an online stylist consultation and £200 in Joe Brown Vouchers.
What do you need to do?
- Create a blog post, showing us a photo of you and your other half, why you should win the styling session and showcase a few of your favourite items from the Joe Brown’s collection.
- Send us the link to your entry post, with ‘Joe Browns Competition ‘ in the subject line, to email@example.com
- If you’re on twitter, let us know you’ve entered using the hash tag #MrMrsJB
- Entries close 5pm, Friday 10thth August 2012
- Our guest judge Amanda (ME!) from the popular blog The Ana Mum Diary will choose a winning couple and they will be notified by Friday 17th August 2012 at the latest
Good luck! For our latest offers and more great competitions, like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/joebrowns
So go forth and blog!
*whispers* I may be swayed with Green and Blacks butterscotch chocolate (not really…well it depends, throw in crunchie and it’s yours…)
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this competition you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of entry.
- The competition ends at 17:00 on Friday 10th August 2012. No responsibility can be accepted for any entries which are late, lost, incomplete or rendered unrecognisable.
- There is one prize of £200 of Joe Browns gift vouchers to use at Joebrowns.co.uk or by calling Joe Browns on 0113 270 6655. There are no cash alternatives: prizes must be accepted as offered. Joe Browns reserves the right to substitute in whole or part prizes of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The competition is open to all countries
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- One entry per person. No purchase necessary. No bulk or third-party entries are permitted.
- By entering the competition, entrants must agree to have their blog posts promoted by Joe Browns on their website/ Facebook / Twitter.
- Any blog posts deemed unsuitable (nudity, violence, anything generally unsuitable for a universal audience) will be notified that their entry is unsuitable and their entry will be removed from the competition.
Yesterday afternoon, we attended Mickey’s Magic Show, at Capital FM arena. We have attended Disney On Ice shows at the Arena and have always been impressed, so we were intrigued to see this show. We had also been invited as guests of Disney, which I must admit I was secretly really excited by. My friends, family and readers of the The Ana Mum Diary blog will know how much we LOVE Disney.
We arrived in good time, Miss A dashed out of school, even got changed in the back of the car as we didn’t want to miss a moment!
Miss N aged 9 and Miss A aged 3 Continue Reading
I’m in a musing kind of mood today. The rain is pouring, Miss A is busy colouring and showing off her new-found skill of drawing faces, over and over again.
So what am I thinking about?….Scarves!
I wanted to share with you my favourite. It could be considered a little expensive, but you are paying for just the most exquisite pure silk, guaranteed to feel uplifting even in this awful weather.
Richard Weston. The Professor of Architecture, author, inventor and designer. He has built up the worlds largest collection of highly magnified images of rocks and minerals.
He has used some of these images to make into the silk scarves. They are like works of art, full of colour and drama but are subtle at the same time, and so beautiful. He has expanded this range and is now using them for other things such as ties and journals.
Liberty has the most amazing collection HERE , I am lusting after this one :
Lilac Agate £165
Worth every penny, right?
I have wanted one of Professor Westons scarves since I saw them being made on the BBC2 series, Britain’s Next Big Thing, presented by Theo Paphitis of Dragon’s Den fame. When I visited London last year, I went to Liberty and gazed longingly at them and the beautiful display in Liberties scarf room.
I shall let you into a secret though, you can buy samples scarves online HERE for £85! You can pay me in scarves ;)
Thank you for reading
Disclaimer: I have not been paid for this post, I am doing it purely for the LOVE of Professor Weston!