When I look back at my blog, what I love the most about it, is its eclectic. It really is a true reflection of me and my families loves. One of those loves is my hair products. I’m sorry if that sounds vain, but it one of the few things on my body that I really, REALLY take care of. I have processed hair (highlights) which is very long, wavy but frizzy underneath and straight and frizzy at the crown. Its goes frizzy, at the mere sight of a rainy weather forecast in the morning. I always use a conditioner and then either a serum or oil before getting out my trusty GHD straighteners.
Well over the last two weeks I have been reviewing Ojon, Super Sleek, smoothing shampoo and conditioner. I already use, and have reviewed Ojon hair products HERE & HERE and have been really impressed. However I really struggle with Shampoos, I find them too harsh on my scalp, and they irritate making me inflamed and itchy but I decided to be brave and try this trusted luxury brand and see if it helped.
Shampoo – Super Sleek £20.00
- coconut-derived, sulfate-free formula
- an ion-rich formulation that is fortified with ultra-reparative combination of *pure Ojon Oil, **natural Azurite and Plant Keratin (Wheat, Soy and Corn proteins)
- seals in moisture, protects against frizz and instantly smoothes hair
- produces a nourishing lather to gently yet thoroughly cleanse without dehydrating hair
Well after using this for two weeks, I can amazingly reveal I have not reacted to the shampoo, I also have not felt the need to add as much conditioner. My hair, though it felt clean it did not feel stripped and dry!
I did find that you do need to follow the instructions of shampooing (you don’t need much) and then leaving for one minute before rinsing. I also think using a small amount, rinsing and then adding another small amount lather again and rinse works equally well.
Conditioner – Super Sleek £21.50
- a lightweight formulation that is fortified with a reparative combination of **Ojon Oil, *natural Azurite and Plant Keratin (Wheat, Soy and Corn proteins)
- seals in moisture and protects against frizz
- instantly boosts shine and manageability without adding weight
- complements the benefits of super sleek™ Hair Straightening Treatment
I found the conditioner very nourishing, I didn’t need to use as much as I normally would use with standard conditioners it smelt light and not over powering.
So the results:
I found my hair much easier to comb whilst wet. When I styled it, I still needed to use my straighteners, but the sleekness definitely stayed longer than it usually did, and it definitely added shine. It even remained straight over the humid hot weather we had last week in the UK. So, though this is a more expensive shampoo and conditioner, it feels like it is great quality and good value for money, as both items you don’t need to use as much of. I am now going to save what I have remaining for when I go to Florida, as I usually have to resort to frizzy curly hair in the heat, well not this year!
Available to buy online on the Ojon site, Harrods, Fenwick and John Lewis.
- part of Ojon’s proprietary Straightening Complex, Azurite acts as a conduit for heat transfer from blow dryers and flat irons to instantly loosen curls
- a legendary “healing” semi-precious gemstone traditionally called “sacred stone” by Mayan Indians and is said to eliminate negativity and exert a positive transformation on all aspects of our well-being
- a crystal rich in minerals and ions
- rich in essential lipids, OjonOil penetrates deep within the hair shaft to repair and seal the cuticle and further enhance the smoothing properties of Azurite
- helps to build up hair’s natural resistance to future damage – restoring the look and feel of virgin hair
- proven to help reverse even the most severe damage
- used as a treatment for over 500 years by communities in Central America for remarkably healthy hair
- each step in the harvesting and extracting process is completed by hand using traditional methods
I have now used both the shampoo and conditioner, and sadly it has been used up. I have never been so impressed with product of this type. I have even tried it on my daughters, curly hair, to see what the results were. Her curls were soft and so much more manageable. Even after sleeping on them, they stayed curly and soft.
I found the products have really helped the condition of my hair overall. I have had it recoloured and been away to a hot and humid country, and it still is in great condition. This is a must have product!
Incoming search terms:
- ojon super sleek smoothing shampoo reviews
- ojon super sleek shampoo review
- skylander regal
- ojon super sleek
- skylanders regal
- ojon super sleek smoothing conditioner reviews
- ojon shampoo
- ojon shampoo reviews
- ojon super sleek shampoo
- ojon super sleek smoothing shampoo and conditioner