Spiced Orange Vodka : Homemade Christmas Gifts

| November 22, 2012 | 16 Comments

I love being able to give homemade gifts at Christmas, I think its lovely when you are visiting friends and family, to bring something along that either you or your children have made. I thought I would share with you two of my favourites.  A Spiced Vodka recipe, and Gingerbread syrup. They are so simple to make, and with just a few ingredients you can have something that looks very impressive.

First up, Spiced Vodka:

Homemade Christmas Gifts Spiced Vodka

This recipe, is so simple, and only takes a week to infuse the flavour, so plenty of time to give it go this Christmas.

Spiced vodka Arancello Homemade Christmas Gift

You will need, to make approximately three small bottles of spiced vodka :

• The pared zest of 5 large Oranges
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 70cl bottle of vodka
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 4 cardamom pods
  • 500g caster sugar

I usually use glass jars, that I have sterilised (Douwe Egbert coffee jars are perfect) add all of the ingredients in, finishing with adding the vodka. Set aside in a cool dark place, shaking the jar/s once a day, for one week. The sugar will have dissolved by this point, and the clear liquid turned pale orange in colour. Just strain the liquid, and decant into bottles.  I save small bottles over the year. In this case Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock (my favourite) which I have sterilized and added dried oranges to for decoration.  It tastes delicious neat with ice and very Christmassy.

Homemade Christmas gifts Spiced Vodka

My next post, will be my version of Gingerbread Syrup for coffee, forget the red cups!

Tots100 Experience Days Competition

Tags: , , , , ,

Category: Food/Drink, The Blog

1. Mary Beth

What a lovely presentation ~ the recipients of these gifts will be very fortunate, indeed!
    Mary Beth recently posted..Thanksgiving Morning and Black Friday with Starbucks and Blueberry MuffinsMy Profile

2. Nikki Thomas

That looks and sounds amazing!
    Nikki Thomas recently posted..Corolle Calin Cuddle Baby Doll ReviewMy Profile

3. So beautifully presented and simple, really lovely ideas. You’ve inspired me, I made gingerbread cookie kits in Kilner jars once as pressies, we should put the two together :)
    Alexander Residence recently posted..Gigs for Vloggers – Christmas StyleMy Profile

4. OH yum!!! I adore shots of cold flavoured vodka on a ski slope. It was a long time ago now…
    Actually Mummy… recently posted..(Silent) Sunday… For KerryMy Profile

5. Emily (

They look so pretty! Lovely idea :)
    Emily ( recently posted..Does your family diet contain enough fibre?My Profile

6. Aly

This is going in my homemade hampers too.I’ll have to get a large bottle of vodka though ;)
    Aly recently posted..Dear Motorists, Slow The F*ck Down!My Profile

7. The Foodie Blog

You had me at the title! Vodka! Smashing stuff and looks fabulous, what a super gift idea!
    The Foodie Blog recently posted..Festive Food for a Fiver – Action for Children’s festive recipe photo competitionMy Profile

8. these looks amazing – i’m sure they taste fab too! It’s always so special to receive a gift that has been made specially. x
    thebeesleybuzz recently posted..Britain’s Best Christmas Craft using one piece of paper!My Profile

9. HELEN

these look great & I love the labels! thanks for sharing x
    HELEN recently posted..Wednesday Wishlist – Teal LivingMy Profile

10. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments! Amanda
    Amanda Cottingham recently posted..Win Luxury Chocolates from Hotel ChocolatMy Profile

11. Elizabeth

Yes! I’ve been making infused vodkas for the 3 or 4 years and they always go down really well with the family. My favourite is my raspberry vodka, lovely with cream soda!
    Elizabeth recently posted..105 Things To Do and See in the UKMy Profile