Anyone else dreaming of sunshine and holidays? I am. Last night I struggled getting to sleep, so I pretended I was on holiday, I was lying on a sun lounger, relaxing with the sun beating down. I soon dropped off contentedly!
What kind of holiday am I dreaming of? Well anyone who regularly reads the blog, or knows me in real life, will instantly say that we are complete Disney holiday addicts. We love everything about the whole experience. We’ve been to Florida several times, and Paris, the special memories that it has created for our family are priceless!
We are toying with the idea of trying something different this year, and I’ve been looking at Disney Cruises. Now my Mum and Dad love a cruise, the whole dressing up and grown up wining and dining. But a Disney cruise looks like a fantastic option for the whole family, where you can have all of that, as well family fun. You still have the sun, the great food and entertainment but with all of the Disney activities and characters thrown in as well.
Virgin’s Disney cruises offer all of that. They have even made the rooms more spacious, for families and included a bathroom that can be split into two. Which means the children can be bathed, whilst the other parent can be having a shower or getting ready for the evening entertainment at the same time.
Which neatly brings me on to, what for me, would be the highlight of a trip like this.
- Disney Meet and Greets with the characters: there is nothing more magical than your child meeting their favourite Disney Character, giving them a hug and having a one to one conversation with them. Amazing and magical!
- Pools and spa, adults relax and rejuvenate, the children will be using them to play games, cool down in the sun.
- Family Disney West End style shows : Disney really knows how to put on a show, it has all of the songs and dances and of course all of your best loved fairy tales and film characters. These are bound to be firm favourites.
- Deck Parties: How about meeting the characters on deck, playing games, and having fun together, I just know my daughters would think this very special.
- Fireworks!: It wouldn’t be Disney without the Fireworks. These are the only fireworks that happen on sea. I can imagine the fizz, crackle and whoosh as Mickey’s ears are recreated in sparkles in the sky…MAGIC!
- Family entertainment club
- The latest films in amazing cinemas: even 3D shows are available, our family favourite being Brave, we even have our own Merida in little Miss A
You could choose the Bahamas, the Caribbean or the Mediterranean I think I would ecstatic with any of these choices. You can even choose a package where you stay both in Orlando, and then take the Disney cruise afterwards too!
So yes, this is what I am dreaming of, a fabulous Disney cruise line holiday, lifelong memories that are filled with family, adventure, entertainment and laughter…bliss!
This is a Featured by Disney Virgin Cruises Post, however all dreams described are most definitely my own!
Huge thanks to my Dad, for letting me use one of his amazing cruise photographs.