Last week I wrote about what I bring on a flight to entertain the children, today I wanted to share with you three products from Origins that I would recommend on a long (or short) flight. Small enough, that you don’t need to worry about restrictions. I think the Origins team have come up trumps with these three gems!
*If you do take liquids in your hand luggage then:
- containers must hold no more than 100ml
- containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
- contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
- the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
- it is limited to 1 plastic bag per person
- you must show the bag at the airport security point
* Information taken from the GOV.UK site, and is correct at time of publishing. It is always advised though, to check with your individual flight handler.
1. Origins : No Puffery (£24)
This is a cooling roll on for puffy eyes, which I will use not only on the flight, but whilst on holiday too. So cooling and definitely makes my eyes feel less tired and refreshed.
Hoelen Mushroom Extract helps to minimise redness while multi-tasking yeast extract de-puffs. Aloe Vera and Cucumber Extract hydrate, softens, and nourishes the surrounding skin.
I’ve even been known to out a little on my temples! Once on holiday, store it in the refrigerator for an extra boost.
2. Origins : Drink Up (£16)
I always get dry, dehydrated lips on a flight. Origins have created a gorgeous lip balm. It’s a mix of hydrating agents including Ximenia Americana seed oil, Jojoba Oil and Apricot Kernel Oil. It leaves your lips feeling hydrated, but with a subtle hint of colour, and a high shine.
- Boost lip moisture level and retain hydration for 24 hours.
- Minimize flakiness, creating a soft smooth lip.
3. Origins GinZing (23.00)
This is a fairly new product, that I have been trialling for a month or so now. It has ingredients like Panax Ginseng and Coffee Bean. I use it in-between using my usual moisturiser (Plantscription Anti-Aging Cream) as I find it refreshing as well as moisturising. In fact my nearly 11 year old who has combination skin has tried it, and it really suits her skin too. Its oil free, and light and Miss N feels that it leaves her skin feeling soft, but refreshed at the same time. I’ve decided that this will be perfect for the flight, to wake up my skin, so I will report back how it fares after the summer.
I have another product, I will be taking with me on holiday from the origins range. The brand new for August Smarty Plants CC cream (£28.00). It is a colour correct product with added technology that protects the skin against the harmful effects of pollution and ozone. Time releases capsules rupture when your skin comes into contact with pollution and ozone and green tea and vitamin E and C is released to protect your skin. Its been 10 years in the making, and has some VERY impressive claims. I shall report back on my thoughts in September, but so far I am loving it.
So that’s my three in flight beauty must-haves (please note, no 8 hour cream here, I cant bare it on my skin, its far to heavy) so what do you recommend?
Thank you for reading