If I had a signature dessert it would be cookie pie. I’ve made it lots, and usually its the same recipe, using the same ingredients and utensils every time. What can I say, it’s a classic! However I was on the school run last week, and my youngest daughter and I were chatting and we came up with an idea, well two actually.
We decided that I should have a go at seasonal cookie pie, what do you think? We were thinking spooky ones for Halloween, festive cookie pies at Christmas, maybe a romantic one at valentines? So expect more cookie pie recipes from me in the future. We also talked about what our ideal ingredients in them would be. Now in the Ana Mum house there are two ingredients that both of the girls absolutely love and that’s Nutella and peanut butter, so I thought I would attempt to combine the two and add them to that infamous cookie pie. I also wondered rather than using my usual pie dish, if I could use my new Circulon skillet/frying pan instead?
Ultimum range – Ultra Total non-stick system with its new profile hi-low circular grooves. Made to significantly reduce abrasion. The non-stick coating provides enhanced food release therefore making cooking easier with little or no need for oil and cleaning is easier too.
- 1/2 cup – 4oz salted butter,melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup – 5.75 oz light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – 1.75 oz granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/3 cups – 5.3 oz of plain or spelt flour
- two handfuls of chocolate chips
- two heaped tablespoons of Nutella
- two heaped tablespoons of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Mix well the sugar, vanilla extract and egg. Then add the melted butter to this mixture.
- Add the plain or spelt flour and mix lightly. It should be a thick mix.
- Then add the chocolate chips.
- Add half of the mixture into the skillet/frying pan, then add the peanut butter and Nutella melted mix, smooth as well as you can.
- The add the rest of the cookie mixture on top.
- Cookie should then be put into the oven. Keep your eye on it, but it should take around 25-30 mins to bake.
- Leave to cool, before slicing like a pizza. It should be still gooey in the middle, but once cooled the texture is amazing, crisp and biscuity on the outside, fudgy and soft on the inside. So gooood!
All that you need to do now is grab a cuppa and relax!