I know I’m not alone when I say, sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day. It often gets to the end of a week day and it feels like I just haven’t stopped. You know when you need another list for your collection of outstanding to do lists, just so you can keep track! Whether you work full-time, part-time or are a stay at home parent, we all could do with trying to save a little time each day, so that we could have a little ‘me time’, couldn’t we?
Well I’ve been challenged by Philips, who asked me to look at how I spend my day (I’m going to be sharing you a fab sped up video of a typical day later in this post) and how with the help of their PerfectCare Elite range steam generator iron I could save myself some time. Well, I’ve been testing out the iron now for around a month, and I’m so impressed with the results. This iron has been a bit of a revolution to me, as someone who really isn’t a fan of ironing at all. I had no idea there was anything like it on the market. It’s a real, once you try it you can’t imagine life without it moment.
Available to buy at lots of places including Philips, John Lewis, Argos and Tesco : RRP £350
The time-saving happens in a few ways really. This PerfectCare Elite Steam Generator Iron is quick and simple to set up and use. Its powerful enough to cut through my ironing pile, definitely in less time than my old iron. I also love to catch up on some TV or a podcast whilst I iron, and I can actually hear whats going on with this iron, as its not as loud as my old iron.
I don’t need to change the temperature, either wait for it heat up or cool down in between garments, and it has a huge water tank (that lasts me for a good couple of hours) so you don’t have to keep filing it up either.
I’ve been so impressed with the PerfectCare Elite, especially with how ultra light it is, and how easily the iron glides over the clothing. I didn’t even need to keep popping the iron back on to the steam unit, it rests in-between on your ironing board, without having to worry about the hot plate burning the fabric. The same goes for your clothes, as there is a no burn fabric guarantee. I was a bit hesitant to try this out at first, but as there is no dial to decrease the temperature of the iron, I went from ironing the dreaded jeans and creased up cotton bed linen, which I would usually have to do on full temperature, to ironing a delicate silk and lace blouse. All at the same temperature! It’s a bit crazy and takes a while to get your head round, but super impressive, that it can do this, Philips are so sure once tried you’ll never want to go back, they even have a 60 day money back guarantee.
Ironing has never, EVER been this easy! The PerfectCare Elite iron can save you 40 minutes* ironing time a week. It is the world’s fastest, most powerful steam generator iron**!
The below video is really just a snippet of my day, which includes so many things like school runs, homework as well as working from home but gives you a fun idea of just some of the things I get up to.
So what did I do with the time I saved on my ironing? Well I popped to my local bookstore, treated myself to a couple of books and went for a coffee. Sheer bliss, to have a little me time. Boy this was just want I needed!
What would you do with the extra time?
So just to recap on the key features of the iron :
- Safety auto off function – Automatically switches off the appliance if it has not been used for 10 minutes to save energy.
- 5-star-rated soleplate – An integrated Titanium-Oxide layer offers great gliding performance and is scratch resistant
- 6.7 bar pressure – The more steam, the faster the ironing.
- Advanced Smart Control Processor – Precisely controls the soleplate temperature
* Based on internal test using average ironing basket compared to Philips GC3802 steam iron and UK consumers who iron for at least 120 minutes as week as reported by independent agency
**Steam rate (norm IEC60311), vs. the 10 best-selling steam generators; tested Dec. 2014
So it’s now time for the amazing giveaway that start today for a PerfectCare Elite Steam Generator Iron & £100 gift card for John Lewis. Simply fill in the below rafflecopter to enter, it couldn’t be simpler :
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- To enter please use the rafflecopter widget
- There is one prize of a Eliteam Generator Iron and £100 John Lewis Voucher.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of The Ana Mum Diary and Philips
- The competition opening date is 22nd of March selecting a winner at random on 23rd of April and the competition will close at 12pm on the day
- The winner will be chosen at random by rafflecopter and will be contacted by tweet or email address provided. If the winner does not respond within 14 days a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. By entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from Amanda at The Ana Mum Diary
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address
- Philips reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Philips. I received compensation in exchange for my post; however, all opinions stated are my own.