Tag: Coat review
When I am on the School run I need something warm, waterproof, practical, stylish and slimming. I really do expect a lot!
Lands’ End were looking for bloggers for their coats, I thought I would be an ideal candidate, to put one of their coat’s through its paces.
Let me explain, picture the scene.
A mum, walking along a busy road with a screaming toddler in a pushchair and to her side a tired school age girl, battling against wind and rain. Then the inevitable happens, a car splashes in the huge puddle that has formed at the side of the road, then two more of them SPLASH all over
me the mum!
This has happened to me many times now. It’s just impossible to push a pushchair and hold an umbrella. You really do need a long coat (but not one that stops your stride) that is waterproof with most importantly a hood. A hood that doesn’t keep falling down, or obscure your view when crossing the road.
The coat I choose to take me through the winter has to really function! So I choose THIS from the Lands’ End collection, but in black:
Women’s Regular Long Down Commuter Coat £160
The Key Features are:
- Waterproof, breathable polyester shell
- 600 fill power down insulation for superior warmth
- Tape-sealed seams keep moisture out
- External storm flap snaps over zip front for added protection
- Two-way zip, bottom snaps allow easy movement when walking
- Pass-through pockets for easy access without unzipping your coat
- TEMPERATURE RATING: WARMEST: Designed to take on the worst of the winter weather
The fabric feels like a soft brushed cotton, but it’s really waterproof 100% polyester. It’s been treated with the exclusive DriOff™ finish, plus the seams are tape sealed, so water has no chance of sneaking in, YAY!
Inside has 600 fill power down insulation. Sounds impressive, though I’m not so sure what this means! In reality it felt like I was wearing a duvet, it’s just so warm. It’s lightweight so I don’t feel ‘bulked up’, this is really important to me! Plus, Lands End have assured me it’s one of the warmest grades available.
Finished with an adjustable detachable hood, fleece storm cuffs and a two-way zip for moving room.
Last but no means least its machine washable!
Here I am after the testing:
Hood up, its started raining again.
It was really cold, dark and miserable by the time I got home!
I am really over the moon with the Long Commuter Coat, for me for the quality and fit was fantastic, brilliant value for money. It kept me warm and dry and I love it.
I feel completely prepared now for another miserable winter…go on let me have it!
I would give it 10/10!
Amendment: I have being using this coat for over 3 months now, and I just love it. It’s exceptionally warm and comfy, the best coat I have ever owned!
Thank you for reading….
Please Note: I was sent the Long Commuter Coat free of charge from Lands’ End, no other payment was received. My comments in this post however are genuine and are my own.
Incoming search terms:
- lands end commuter coat
- lands end down commuter coat
- lands\ end long down commuter coat
- lands end women down commuter coat
- landsend commuter coat women
- womens down commuter coat
- landsend down commuter coat
- reviews lands end down filled coats
- reviews of lands end long down coat
- reviews for womens coats from lands\end