Tag: simple recipes
I have been given a series of fantastic recipes to try out on the blog, which all involve cooking with Florida grapefruits. I’ve never cooked with grapefruit before, so I was definitely up for the challenge.
Each of the recipes have been created by celebrity chef Lisa Faulkner, and I have permission to publish the recipes in full on the Ana Mum Diary blog.
First up, is a recipe for muffins, I have been provided with an image of what they should look like, so I’ve had fun with my new camera taking photographs of the muffins we have made.
Florida Grapefruit and Pecan Muffins
1 grapefruit only use the zest and flesh
120g muscovado sugar (I used light)
125ml fresh orange juice (I used grapefruit juice instead)
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb
50g chopped pecans
100ml melted butter
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Preheat the oven to 200c
- Preheat the oven.
- Take off the top and bottom of the Florida grapefruit so that it sits flat, then cut into 4, remove the pips and roughly chop including the skin
- Place the chopped Florida grapefruit and sugar into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the egg, orange juice and melted butter and combine
- Sieve all the dry ingredients apart from the pecans into a bowl, mix in the orange mixture and fold through the nuts until the mixture is just combined. Try not to over mix
- Pour into 12 muffin cases in muffin tins and bake for approx. 20-25mins
They are very delicious, perfect for a weekend brunch, fresh and citrus tasting, and very simple to make. If you look closely you can see the steam as it was fresh out of the oven.
Incoming search terms:
- florida grapefruit pink pecan muffins
- Florida Grapefruits
- Florida Grapefruits White
- Fresh Florida Grapefruits
- grapefruit muffin
- grapefruit muffins
- muscovado sugar
- pink grapefruit and pecan muffins
- theanamumdiary co uk cooking-with-grapefruit-florida-grapefruit-and-pecan-muffins