Tag: The Snowman
** COMPETITION NOW CLOSED**
Did you know that this year marks the 30th anniversary of The Snowman? It seems incredible that it was 30 years ago and I have very fond memories this story.
Well, a special edition in HD is released on Blu-ray and DVD, coming out on November 5th, so we can all relive it again.
We were sent a copy to review, I was surprised that we didn’t have it already to be honest. Snuggled up last Sunday evening, we lit a fire and drank hot chocolate and marshmallows and watched it all together. Everyone enjoyed it, even Miss A at only 3 years old. It’s really magical from start to finish, and has become a tradition to watch it, with lots of families, at the festive season. And what a storyteller Raymond Briggs is! This enchanting tale takes you on a journey with James and the friendly snowman. I don’t want to spoil it, but its a journey James will never forget.
The special features are also really good fun with an audio commentary and Aled Jones and Peter Auty talking about the misconceptions surrounding the original recording of ‘Walking in the Air’. The DVD will be available at all major retailers, including Amazon.
Would you like to relive this journey again? Or perhaps, your children were too young to have ever seen The Snowman film before.
Well, I have three copies of the DVD to give-away, but that is not all. The first prize winner will also win a special set, that combines a magical story book, illustrated with pictures from the film and an audio CD with readings by Andrew Sachs and music by Howard Blake and featuring the famous Christmas song ‘Walking in the Air’ sung by Peter Auty.
All you need to do is :
1. Follow The Ana Mum Diary : You can do so by clicking on the ‘To receive email updates CLICK HERE‘ Any queries then tweet me! @gidders1.
Please also let me know you have done this, in a comment.
2. Tell me, what traditions you have at Christmas, from the weird to the wonderful, I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading
Terms and Conditions:
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 or over.
- One entry per person.
- The Ana Mum Diary and Universal retain the right to change the competition if necessary.
- The prize will be sent to you directly from Universal and Penguin.
- 1st prize will be the DVD, book and CD, 2nd and 3rd Prize will be a DVD.
- If the winner does not contact me within one week, I will re draw another winner at random.
- Entries must be received by email before midnight on 25th November 2012.
- A winner will be chosen at random and notified by 26November 2012.