** COMPETITION NOW CLOSED**
Did you know that this year marks the 30th anniversary of The Snowman? It seems incredible that it was 30 years ago and I have very fond memories this story.
Well, a special edition in HD is released on Blu-ray and DVD, coming out on November 5th, so we can all relive it again.
We were sent a copy to review, I was surprised that we didn’t have it already to be honest. Snuggled up last Sunday evening, we lit a fire and drank hot chocolate and marshmallows and watched it all together. Everyone enjoyed it, even Miss A at only 3 years old. It’s really magical from start to finish, and has become a tradition to watch it, with lots of families, at the festive season. And what a storyteller Raymond Briggs is! This enchanting tale takes you on a journey with James and the friendly snowman. I don’t want to spoil it, but its a journey James will never forget.
The special features are also really good fun with an audio commentary and Aled Jones and Peter Auty talking about the misconceptions surrounding the original recording of ‘Walking in the Air’. The DVD will be available at all major retailers, including Amazon.
Would you like to relive this journey again? Or perhaps, your children were too young to have ever seen The Snowman film before.
Well, I have three copies of the DVD to give-away, but that is not all. The first prize winner will also win a special set, that combines a magical story book, illustrated with pictures from the film and an audio CD with readings by Andrew Sachs and music by Howard Blake and featuring the famous Christmas song ‘Walking in the Air’ sung by Peter Auty.
All you need to do is :
1. Follow The Ana Mum Diary : You can do so by clicking on the ‘To receive email updates CLICK HERE‘ Any queries then tweet me! @gidders1.
Please also let me know you have done this, in a comment.
2. Tell me, what traditions you have at Christmas, from the weird to the wonderful, I would love to hear from you.
Thank you for reading
Terms and Conditions:
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 or over.
- One entry per person.
- The Ana Mum Diary and Universal retain the right to change the competition if necessary.
- The prize will be sent to you directly from Universal and Penguin.
- 1st prize will be the DVD, book and CD, 2nd and 3rd Prize will be a DVD.
- If the winner does not contact me within one week, I will re draw another winner at random.
- Entries must be received by email before midnight on 25th November 2012.
- A winner will be chosen at random and notified by 26November 2012.
Incoming search terms:
- Congratulations Katherine De Riera
- the snowman 30th gifts
- the snowman by r briggs 30th anniversary dvd
(I was singing Holiday, as I wrote the title for this post in my best Madonna-esk voice)
We have had a fantastic summer, I really feel like we have crammed lots of things in. We only got back from our family holiday on Saturday, so I though I would share it Instagram style.
First up, who came…
Tall Dad, Miss N who is now the grand old age of 10! Miss A, her first trip on a plane and Gidders….me!
I plan on writing up lots of hints and tips for anyone wanting to travel to Orlando Florida, especially as a family and visiting the Parks. We have been 5 times now, so we’ve picked up a few things along the way.
You are spoilt for choice with places to eat in Orlando, they cater for so many tastes and wallets. I am going to give recommendations of our family favourites. New places we have tried, and places we go back to time and time again!
Where we stayed
I became a little obsessed about the tree-lined avenues where we stayed, there was something so magical about them. However again there are so many options available in Orlando, from Hotels, condo’s and Villas. We have done a few of those now, so I can’t wait to share those with you.
The Theme Parks:
I am going to cover as many hints and tips as I can, so hopefully anyone going to Orlando, and visiting either Disney or Universal with small children will feel more confident about the trip. I can’t claim to know everything, but we love it so much and are undeniably passionate! I hope that it will be useful especially to first timers. I really would welcome people to leave their own hints and tips on the posts too.