I’m always trying new combos of my favourite summer time oats, and this overnight oat recipe might be my best one yet!
If like me, you love oats in the morning, then this is delicious twist for the hot blamy mornings we are having at the moment. Most of the prep (1- 2 minutes) is done the night before, so its a great one too if you don’t have a lot of time. The oats plum up and absorb the flavours you introduce to them.
I wanted to try SunGold Kiwis, rather than green kiwis for this recipe, and I’m so glad I did. If you haven’t ever tried them, they are a little sweeter, and to me have a slight banana flavour too. If you are trying to cut down on sugar, I found them sweet enough to add to the oats with no further sweetener needed. Zespri® SunGold kiwifruit betters 27 other popular fruits to make it one of the most nutritious available. The delicious yellow fleshed kiwifruit contains three times the amount of vitamin C found in oranges, enough to provide a person’s entire daily requirement. So they make a great way to start the day!
- 35 g of Oats
- 200 g of fat free yogurt and a splash of milk
- 1 x Zespri SunGold kiwifruit skinned and chopped
- 6 raspberries
- Enough granola to cover
- Take a jar (I use a mason jar, or clean jam jar) add the oats yogurt and milk.
- Skin and chop the Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and add this to the jar, giving it a stir.
- you can also add chia seeds, and any other fruit at this stage too, its up to you.
- Place in the fridge overnight, or a couple of hours at least.
- Top off the next morning with granola and raspberries.
If you add the raspberries and granola in the morning, this keeps the breakfast oats having a little texture and bite.