We all have over ripe bananas at some point. I had more than usual as my mum kindly gifted hers to me so I could bake Banana cake with the girls, which we all love! Whilst looking at recipes on the internet, I found one for Banana bread that was virtually fatless.
I’ve not mention it before on the blog but for the last 2 weeks, I have been listening to a Thinking Slimmer pod, you can read more about it HERE. I have noticed some changes. The first being how easily I slept after listening to the dulcet tones of Trevor. Also, I am feeling fuller quicker, and I think I am making healthier choices. Perfect timing, with all the excesses of Christmas.
So with this in mind here’s my slightly amended recipe that I followed:
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 140g (5oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3 over ripe bananas mashed
- 4 Tablespoons of apple puree or sauce I used the Apple Curd which you can see HERE as I has it in the fridge already.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C or Gas mark 4.
2. Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and add the wet ones and mix. It’s really that easy!
3. Bake for 50 minutes.
So simple! I didn’t even grease the tin, as I forgot!
I doubled the recipe and did a loaf and 6 large muffins. It tastes very similar to muffins, but a little less sweet. Great with fruit for a breakfast. Miss N has asked if she can have a slice in her packed lunch for school, YAY success!!
Thank you for reading