Well it’s the morning after the weekend before, and what a weekend!
BritMums Live (a blogging conference for parents in London) was nothing like I expected. I’ll be honest, it’s been hard to know what to expect after Cybher.
Like Cybher I got the most out of it when I started to relax a little and actually listen to what people had to say. I again came away thinking blogging for me, is all about going my way. It reaffirmed what type of blogger I am.
The community though very varied is bound by this need to create, write, share and debate.
Even though I knew who was speaking, I was blown away by how professional but unassuming those key speakers were.
The Ana Mum Diary is my project, but it is most importantly for my family. I have goals and ambitions and I want to be able to look back on The Ana Mum Diary in 10, 20 years time and be proud of it.
BritMums Live in Photographs
My hightlights included:
- The train ride.
- Sarah Brown and building natural circles of support.
- Julia Boggio and the Dirty Dancing video, so touching.
- Meeting new and old friends.
- Forming the G.L.A.M squad.
- Chatting into the night.
- Arriving in the Taxi on the second day with Ms Molly Louise AND Katie Hill, and not once mentioning sticky-back plastic.
- Being told I was only ‘just’ a pear shape by the stylist from TK Maxx
- The ACER photo booth (post to follow)
- Penny from A Residence winning the Video award, my heart filled with pride.
- Bloggers Keynote, laughing and crying…falling a little bit in love with Ministry of Mum.
- Smuggling friends into hotel rooms.
- Drinking wine from mugs.
Thank you for reading