As a family we have lots of financial plans this year. We are planning on making savings in some areas, in order for us to be able to hopefully do some extra maintenance on our house, and if possible, reduce our mortgage, and put some aside for the future. That’s a big ask really, but I know that its possible to do.
Here are our financial resolutions :
- Meal plans, in order to reduce our weekly food bills.
- Look at all our utilities, and make sure we have the best deal
- Ebay, we have so many clothes, toys and unwanted items in the loft, selling them would give us lots of extra money.
- Some of best things we did last year, were in fact free. Trips to Wollaton Hall as a family, and to the Nottingham Contemporary. We need to plan more things like this at the weekend.
- To shop around when we make purchases, to find the best price.
- Save a set amount each month, and put it into a separate account.
- Planning, Birthdays and Christmas sales shopping for gifts.
Pensions, is something we have been thinking lots about recently. We need to make sure we have sufficient retirement planning in place. Any shortfall that we have, we really need to make an impact on now whilst we are able to.
Here is an infographic, produced by NOW Pensions, about this very subject :
Source: NOW: Pensions
Thank you for reading