Pst! Have you heard? Disney has unveiled an amazing new game called Disney infinity.
It will give players the opportunity to place interactive figures from characters from Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios’ onto something called the Disney Infinity Base to start an adventure in the game world. There are Play Sets of Monsters University, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Incredibles. In each respective Play Set, players will take on the role of many of the popular characters, for example Sulley, the gifted scarer; Captain Jack Sparrow, the sword-wielding double crosser; and Mr. Incredible, one of the world’s greatest crime-fighters. What they will do is, battle enemies, solve challenging puzzles, overcome obstacles and complete a variety of other very unique quests.
I can’t tell you how exciting this sounds to me! I just know that it is going to be a hit at The Ana Mum Diary! Something that combines our favourite characters, in storytelling and adventure, just brilliant!
- Unprecedented Creative Play – Featuring a virtual “Toy Box” and a vast open world environment, players can create their own stories and customize their adventures combining characters, environments, gadgets, vehicles and more. The possibilities are truly infinite as Disney will add new additions from the company’s vast library of entertainment properties.
- Infinite Storyline Possibilities – Disney prides itself on its storytelling culture and for the first time ever, Disney Infinity will put the story creation into the hands of consumers. Players will be able to create their own adventures in an open-world environment and will give players unprecedented freedom for creative play.
- Multiple Franchises Across All Platforms – Disney Infinity introduces an all-new universe, featuring a toy-inspired art style where multiple Disney franchises and characters can exist and interact in one game and across Xbox360, PS3, Wii, Wii-U, PC and online, as well as on smart devices including tablets and mobile phones.
- Interactive Figures Activate In-Game Adventures and Customizations – Disney Infinity will initially introduce a line of 40 collectible interactive figures – characters, “Play Set” pieces and power discs – that allow players to expand and customize their play experiences. Over time, Disney Infinity will release additional characters and “Play Sets” and this platform will constantly evolve.
- 17 interactive character figures allow players to experience a variety of their favourite characters in each ”Play Set” and in “Toy Box” play
- 3 “Play Set” pieces that add new Disney and Disney•Pixar “Play Set” locations
- 20 power discs enhance environments, add gadgets and more
- Co-op Multiplayer Action – Disney Infinity supports 2 player co-op play in structured adventures and up to 4 players in “Toy Box” mode.
Publisher: Disney Interactive
Developer: Avalanche Software
Release Date: Summer 2013
Platforms: Nintendo Wii™ and Nintendo Wii-U, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, PC, as well as an accompanying mobile experience.
PEGI Rating: Provisional 7+
Thank you for reading