I spoke a couple of weeks ago about my conversation with Matthew Hussey, of Get the Guy fame. Well now I have made all the preparations for my evening with Tall Dad I thought I would share with you some of the things we talked about as being the key stages to a successful romantic night out with your partner according to Matthew.
- Complements : Find a complement that you have never given your partner.
- Little Gestures : The power of touch, holding hands for example.
- Living in the present : Dreaming of the future, think of things coming up, make plans, have a shared passion.
- Take time for yourself : Tell them that you are excited to get ready for him.
- Smell your best : Memory formation and emotions.
- Wear something special : Something that they bought you, maybe jewellery, make a connection.
- Learn something new : When you first were together you would always be learning new things about one another.
- Initiate : Never underestimate the power of affection.
I think what I enjoyed most about sitting and going through my list, thinking about what thing I do, do and what I needed more help with was that it made me stop and think. Relationships are funny things, you have good days and bad, times when you really get one another, and times when you are both so busy you can feel like strangers. But putting the time and the effort in to making time for one another is so key to keeping the relationship healthy.
There are things on the list I think I am OK at already, well I’m hoping I smell good anyway. 😉 but there are a couple of thing I would never have even dreamed of.
Living in the present : we must all be guilty of taking about the past and about the children. I’m definitely going to try this as it really does make sense making plans together for our future.
Learn something new : well, there has been a lot of learning new things for me recently, so this is going to be easier than I at first thought. When I was travelling, I was busy scribbling down notes, about the places I travelled, places I hope to visit again with Tall Dad, so I’m hoping this will be great to chat about. It may sound contrived, but I’m willing to give it a go…preparation is key!
With thanks to Matthew and Head and Shoulders who have given me guidance, a pamper pack and hopefully a fabulous night out with my hubby.