Heating your home and hot water has just got a whole lot easier with the introduction of Hive Active Heating. So in this post, I wanted to explore what Hive Active is, and what the reasons are for buying a system like this. I must admit after researching the topic, I am actually looking into a remote heating system, it’s a nifty piece of technology.
So what is Hive Active Heating, and why would you use it?
The next generation of award-winning Remote Heating Control, Hive Active Heating™ by British Gas, continues to revolutionise the way we control our homes. Hive Active Heating™ uses state of the art technology to help you sync your home with your life.
In essence it is a way in which you can be fully in control of your heating and hot water, wherever you are. Gone are the days when you unexpectedly come home early to a cold frosty house, or your house being heated whilst empty, if you’re away unexpectedly or for longer than you thought, in the evenings or at the weekend. We don’t (as so many houses don’t) have a combi boiler, which means for us, hot water needs to be heated separately. I love the idea of switching the hot water (using my mobile) for those days when my girls have been playing sports after school, so its ready for the mucky pups when we get back. Or when we have got caught in the rain even, a nice hot shower or bath is a great way to warm us up.
Two more important reasons to go for this system.
- Active Frost Protection to help avoid frozen pipes, I love this idea. You set a temperature that if the house start to dip under your heating kick in.
- Cut waste and save money. You could save an estimated up to £150 every year on your energy bill by being more effective with you heating.
Here is a day in the life of a typical Hive Active owner :
So, are you eligible to use Hive Active?
- Hive Active works with 99% of the UK’s gas central heating systems
- Your boiler needs to be in full working order.
- Broadband is needed( with speed of 256Kbps or more) and a spare ethernet port connection.
- A power socket close to the broadband router.
- A Smartphone (If you need to use the system when you are not at home) you can however use the system on a PC if you don’t have a smart phone.
It is £199 and that includes the installation by a British Gas Engineer. It’s a one-off payment for the kit and installation and you don’t even have to change energy supplier, so simple! It only takes up to 90 mins to install.
So have I tempted you? I’d love to hear you thoughts on Hive Active Heating. I’m off to to turn my heating on now!
This post is brought to you in association with Hive Active and British Gas.