Oh how we love our Soda Stream! We are all lovers of soda or pop, as we like to call it, at The Ana Mum Diary house. Gone are the days when the pop man (do you remember him?) in an open backed truck would collect all of the empty bottles and deliver more pop for the week. I love that idea even now, having drinks available for when you need them.
We have been testing out the Soda Stream Play (£69.99) for the past couple of weeks, together with the new collection of Del Monte flavourings for drinks. Three new flavours of syrup each one £3.99 – Orange, Caribbean and Tropical, all really delicious.
To make the soda/pop you need to fill the bottle provided with cold water, up to the line.
Place the bottle in the machine, and add some fizz! You can choose how fizzy you would like the soda, depending on how many times you press down the carbonating block, 3 being the maximum.
Release the bottle, and add a flavour!
We are loving the new Del Monte flavours, and the girls love drinking them, especially after a hard day at school. We always give our bottles a little mix, it’s all part of the Soda Stream fun!
It’s not just soda though that we make with our soda stream. Here are two more recipe ideas, to make the most out of your Soda Stream. Two of my daughters favourite things at the moment are smoothies and slushies, so here are two recipes for them using the Soda Stream.
- Make some Soda Stream soda as before. This time I went for the Caribbean flavour.
- Add some fat-free yoghurt and a selection of fruit ( things like mango and banana work well) into a blender adding also some of the soda.
- Blend well. I use frozen fruit mostly, as this thickens the smoothie.
- I also added some freeze-dried raspberries as decoration, you could also use cake sprinkles as well.
- Choose a glass and some straws and enjoy!
- Make a bottle of Soda Stream as above.
- Using a blender, crush some ice cubes. You really need to have a powerful blender for this, so make sure it does crush ice.
- Add some of the soda, we used the Del Monte tropical flavour for this.
- Give it a good stir and you are all set!
Do you have any other ideas that you can use your soda stream drinks for, I’d love to know?