Did you know that every year the company, GSK organises the GSK Challenge. What is it? Well its a scientific competition for students in order to broaden their scientific view of the world, and get them to realize the opportunities science can bring. This is particularly of interest to me, with a 12 year old who has a real passion for science and a dream of one day becoming a Doctor. I really think these kinds of programmes are brilliant to help and encourage children to love science, and realise the potential studying science can have on them. This GSK challenge is part of the more wider and a brilliant program I think, called ‘To Challenge. To Change’.
“We are committed to innovation, widening access to our products and combating health challenges, especially in Least Developed Countries. We want to change the healthcare landscape, by collaborating with people in a sustainable way. By harnessing our scientific expertise, global reach and partnerships we can develop and make medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products for people who need them most.”
CEO – GSK
To challenge To change is GSK’s way of challenging some of the world’s biggest healthcare issues and creating change to improve people’s lives. For more information please go HERE.
For 2015, the GSK challenge was about germ control. The students have been asked how they can help to stop the spread of germs. So for this giveaway, I thought I would tell you a couple of my ideas to stop germs spreading, and ask you for yours in the comments below.
- Always have a anti-bacterial handwash at every sink in your house.
- Teach children to wash their hands with warm, soapy water. That the backs and fronts of the hands need to cleaned, as well as in-between the fingers. Maybe even teach them to sing a short song as they do it, so they time themselves.
- Have antibacterial spray also in each of the bathrooms, so you can quickly clean at any point of the day.
- Use this spray to clean door handles, handrails and banisters especially when anyone is ill in the house, but remember to do it regularly too.
- Use tissue paper to clean, which you flush away, to avoid spreading of germs by reusing cloths.
In order to enter the competition please use the rafflecopter :
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Please note, if you win, The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address.
Competition Terms & Conditions
There is 1 prize of £100 John Lewis vouchers. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of GSK
Closing date for entries is 6th July 2015
Entrants must log into rafflecopter and leave a comment
Optional entry methods are to follow on Twitter, Facebook and tweet on twitter
The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
The winner’s name will be available on request
The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions