COMPETITION CLOSED – WINNER NOTIFIED (SUE C)
Going out for parties over the Christmas period is always one of the highlights of the season – but sometimes nothing can beat an evening at home eating, drinking and being merry.
DFS want to help you make this Christmas your best one ever and have produced this Christmas inspiration guide to help you create a magical time, whether you’re organising a big family gathering or a cosy night in for two. One thing they can’t help you with though is cooking the food. However, every good host should have at least one tried and tested party recipe they know how to prepare perfectly and is guaranteed to go down a treat.
My tried and tested, personal favourite festive recipe is ….my Baked Camembert. I don’t know anyone who hasn’t loved the oozing cheesy goodness of this one, and its a festive treat that is so worth the calories!
You will need :
1 whole Camembert, in its box
1/2 garlic clove, sliced (well it is Christmas)
3-4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 of rosemary depending on what you prefer
1 tsp good olive oil
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. and remove any plastic packaging from the cheese but place the cheese back in its box. Leave the lid off for now.
- Slice the garlic thinly and chop the herbs you have chosen to use.
- With a knife, pierce the top of the cheese in several places and insert the slices of garlic and herbs into the slits.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil and optional pinch of chilli flakes.
- Take the cheese with olive oil and place on a baking sheet, I add some parchment paper underneath too, to save on the washing up, just in case any of the cheese escapes. Remember to leave the cheese in its box to bake. Loosely place the lid on.
- Bake in the oven for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the centre of the cheese is melted.
- Serve straight away with different breads, crackers or sliced vegetables like carrots and peppers. My Brother in Law swears by Doritos as the best thing to dip! What ever you choose, this recipe id always always a winner!
But what I want to know is – what’s your own trusted recipe that you go back to again and again? Is it a traditional family favourite? Or new concoction you discovered after throwing together the Boxing Day leftovers?
Let me know your top festive recipe below and my favourite will win a brilliant Fortnum & Mason hamper.
This post is brought to you by DFS. Visit the DFS website to find out more about their great range of DFS Sofas.
Rafflecopter (to enter please follow the instructions on the widget. Any questions please ask)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
- To enter please use the rafflecopter above, and follow the instructions.
- There is one prize of a Luxury Hamper
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of The Ana Mum Diary and DFS
- The competition opening date is 11th December, and the closing date for entries is 17th December at midnight.
- One entry per person
- The winner will be chosen by the blogger and will be contacted direct on the email address provided. If the winner does not respond within 7 days a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. By entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from Amanda at The Ana Mum Diary
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address
- DFS reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.