Looking for something that’s healthy that packs amazing flavour too? Well this Thai Green Butternut Squash Curry and Thai Salad Recipe is perfect for a low-fat healthy and extremely tasty meal.
Tablewear : Natural Canvas by Denby
The curry is an adaption of a weight watchers recipe that I used to make many years ago. It’s relatively quick to make, and very easy. Its around 3 points per serving.
(makes enough for 4 people)
1 vegetable stock cube made up to 500ml
2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
50g (2 oz) creamed coconut
8-10 shallots, peeled and halved
400g butternut squash, peeled & cubed
1/2 a lime
A handful of fine green beans
A handful of cherry tomatoes
Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
1. Pour the stock into a large saucepan and add the curry paste and creamed coconut. Bring to the boil, stirring until all of the coconut dissolves. Takes a couple of minutes.
2. Then you need to boil the sauce rapidly for 4/5 minutes. Add the shallots for a couple of minutes, followed by the squash and green beans. Cook over a medium heat, for 10-15 mins, or until squash is tender.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes, finishing with a handful of coriander and a squeeze of lime just before serving. Serve with sticky rice and/or a thai salad.
1/4 pack of rice noodles
5 spring onions
Spiralized butternut squash or courgette
1 finely sliced red pepper
2 tablespoon of chopped coriander
2 tablespoon of chopped mint
1/2 a lime
1 tsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of soy sauce
1/2 of brown sugar or honey
small handful of peanuts
- Using the pasta size Denby Natural Canvas bowl, I added the rice noodles, spring onions and spiralized butternut squash. Topping it with boiling water, then covered the bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the fish sauce, soy sauce, the freshly squeezed lime and brown sugar or honey
- Drain the noodle mixture, rinse in cold water and drain
- Add the two together (noodle mix and dressing) with the herbs, and top with a few chopped peanuts
All of the bowls featured in this post are from the Denby Natural Canvas range.
The Natural Canvas range is warm white, simple and subtle in design, that can be used everyday. Its durable, and suitable to be used in the oven, microwave and freezer as well as cleaned in the dishwasher. The glazing is beautiful with a subtle colour change around the rim of each item. Modern contemporary design for global flavours!
I was a gifted a 12 piece bowl set, which comprises of 4 x pasta bowls, 4 x cereal bowls and 4 x desert bowls.