Well today I have a really exciting post to share with you, so keep reading as there is an amazing giveaway coming up!
Last week, I gave you my complete Christmas Eve – Boxing day meal plan and promised to share with you two recipes I am making this Christmas with my Vitamix.
I love how food is so important during the holidays, and every family and group of friends has their own set of traditions and moments that they love. Since I’ve had my Vitamix the main thing I have noticed is how easy it is to use, and how it saves so much time, so I can spend more time with my family enjoying the food!
So the first side dish I’m going to share is Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 32 Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) safflower oil
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with safflower oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan and arrange Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and roast another 10 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are heavily browned.
- Place lemon juice, maple syrup, olive oil, and thyme into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour dipping sauce into a bowl and serve with the warm Brussels sprouts.
Next up is Savoury Cabbage Coleslaw
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (120 ml) distilled vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) horseradish
- ½ Tablespoon celery seed ( I couldn’t find this so used celery salt)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (160 g) raisins
- 1 head (12 ounces / 800 g) savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots (120 g), peeled and shaved
- 6 ounces (160 g) red onion, thinly sliced
- Place mayonnaise, vinegar, horseradish, celery seed/salt, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine raisins, cabbage, carrots, and onion in a bowl. Pour blended vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.
So now I’ve made you hungry, here is the exciting giveaway. You could win a Professional Series 300 worth £499.00
Here is the Rafflecopter widget to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Starts 16/12/2016 Ends 5th January 2017 11.59 pm