The Oral-B Genius 9000 offers the latest technology available in electric toothbrushes, with its free app that connects the toothbrush via Bluetooth to your phone. It offers feedback on your teeth cleaning, to make sure you are doing it correctly. I’ve been using it for the last month, putting it through its paces, so that I could let you know if its worth the price tag (approx £140) and if an electric tooth brush needs this additional new technology.
What do you get in the box?
- Braun Oral-B Genius 9000 rechargeable electric toothbrush in Black or White
- Charging station
- Toothbrush head storage compartment
- 4 x Brush heads (1 x Cross Action, 3D White, Floss Action, Sensitive)
- Smart travel case in Black or White
- Smart travel case charger
- Smartphone holder
What I liked :
I actually do have a couple of things that I need to look out for with my dental hygiene, areas where I have to pay more attention like my gums and sensitive front teeth, my teeth also aren’t the whitest they’ve been and if possible I’d like to improve that. So with that in mind, a more advanced electric toothbrush really attracted me.
- 6 cleaning modes – Suitable for those with the most advanced oral healthcare needs, there are 6 different modes that cover anything from the daily clean through to tongue cleaning. This brush can be used by just 1 person, or as a family.
- Pressure sensor – The red illumination highlights when you need to ease off with the force and let the bristles skim along the tooth surfaces.
- Battery life – A total of up to 12 days battery power.
- SmartRing – It lights up one of 12 colours, so that you can personalise your toothbrush.
- Box contents – Everything you need for both at home tooth brushing and travel
- Smart travel case – Its a really well made case, perfect for travelling with it even has a a port charge your brush ans smartphone.
- Oral-B app and position detection technology – This is a very modern, clever and interactive way to clean your teeth and make sure you do so properly.
I wanted to mention in a little more detail how the you use your smartphone to track your movements with the toothbrush and app, as that the cool thing with this style of toothbrush. Well, included in the box is a mount with a suction cup (I’ve tried this on tile and a mirror and its really feels safe enough for your phone) you need to have it at mouth height in order for it to be fully functioning. The app uses the front facing camera on your smartphone to track the actual position of the Genius 9000 toothbrush inside your mouth when in use. It takes this data and information, displays this on the smartphone screen, giving feedback to highlight and direct you to where you have missed and where you need to clean next. It’s like having a dentist giving you some extra advice whilst you are brushing.
I’ve been blown away with how much I love this toothbrush. My only criticism is that the neck of the tooth brush is a little thicker than I am used to, so that took me a while to feel comfortable with, but if you are used to Oral B toothbrushes, then you should be fine.
The cleaning modes available on the 9000 are:
- Daily Clean
- Gum Care
- Tongue Cleaner
For me, its the perfect toothbrush for someone who is concerned with their oral hygiene, or for someone like myself who travel lots its also a great one to invest in.