Finding the right kind of artwork for a space can be tricky. I’m always on the look out for interesting ones to share with you. I do think its important to first consider why you are adding art to the room as well as these few pointers below :
- Buy what you love! It should give you joy when you see it.
- Consider how it is mounted and framed, and how that will work in the room.
- Think about perhaps contrasting as well as complementing your choice of artwork with the rest of the room
- If you live in a traditional home try mixing it up with a piece of contemporary art or vise versa.
- Consider different mediums, don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Colour, colour, colour! Whether you want a burst of bright or monochrome, think about what would work in the room.
So I wanted to introduce you all to Sarah Taylor (www.sarahtaylorart.co.uk) , a contemporary artist whose weapons of choice alongside the paint brush include, a battered old hair dryer and drinking straws. Sarah creates striking images that you can go back to again and again and always find something new, that you hadn’t noticed before. Her contemporary style is full of colour and are extremely impactful.
Sarah’s passion is to make art accessible to all – she does this by offering a homeware range (that starts at as little as £3.50 for a coaster) alongside her stunning premium wall art. From original to beautiful prints and of course canvas that Sarah has kindly offered for this giveaway today.
A customer review ” I bought the fox and squirrel prints – they are both just STUNNING! Bright, colourful, vibrant and full of character. Can’t wait to frame them and put them on the wall.”
So in this giveaway you can choose ONE piece of canvas art by Sarah Taylor Canvas worth up to £350. The canvases come in three sizes.
Original (24″/61cm) : £180
Super (30″/76cm) : £250
Whopper (40″/101cm) : £350
With beautifully illustrated animals from owls, squirrels, peacocks, foxes and stags. The hard part is going to be which you like the most. For me its Zues – the king of goats or Highland Fling that you can see below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- To enter please use the rafflecopter widget
- There is one prize of a canvas of any size of the three mentioned above, upto the value of £350
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of The Ana Mum Diary and Sarah Jane Art
- The competition opening date is 18nd of April selecting a winner at random on 7th of May and the competition will close at 11.59 pm on the day
- The winner will be chosen at random by rafflecopter and will be contacted by tweet or email address provided. If the winner does not respond within 14 days a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. By entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from Amanda at The Ana Mum Diary
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address
- Sarah Taylor Art reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.