I’ve decided to share some of my favourite Weight Watchers recipes, todays its a 0 smart point Spicy Carrot & Lentil Soup that I love. Recently Weight Watchers have had a bit of a shake up brand wise, and now more that ever its a real whole of you approach that they have adopted, mind, body and soul, so to speak. With this change has come a name one, hence why in the title I’ve called it WW. I am on the WW plan, and its the one plan that I really love and trust.
I’m going to start this series with a real winter warmer, that is flavourful, filling with just a hint of spice. You can of course adjust the spice level, I sometime also add a little grated ginger, especially if I’m not feeling well. If you’d like to do that, then add it at the same time as the tomatoes.
0 smart point Spicy Carrot & Lentil Soup
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray, if you don’t have this I sometimes just use a little water instead.
- 1 large Onion, finely chopped
- 300 g Carrots, chopped
- A small Parsnip, chopped
- 1 tablespoons, level Garam Masala
- Quarter of a teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- Quater of a teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon
- 75 g Split Red Lentils, dry, rinsed
- 400 g Tinned Tomatoes
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), to make up 1 litre
- 1 can(s), large, drained Green or Brown Lentils, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, chopped
- You will need a large saucepan, as this makes enough for at least 6 bowls. Spray with the calorie controlled cooking spray, add the onions and fry the onion for 4 minutes. If it starts to stick, add a drop of water.
- Now add the carrots and spices and cook for a further minute.
- Next add the red lentils, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Carrots and lentil should be cooked.
- Take off the heat, and allow the soup to cool a little before blending. It should blend smooth easily.
- Add the green lentils and return to the heat for 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve the soup topped with a little of the Greek yogurt and coriander.
I am going to use this series to test out new as well as well-loved recipes, I’m hoping this might give me a bit of a push to try some new things. On my list of recipes to try both share and try are :
- A tasty veggie chilli
- Low smart point lasagna
- Red Thai Curry
- Tortilla Pizza
- A Mac Cheese
- Banana Pancakes
If you would like to add any recipes that you’d like to see, then please let me know and I’ll give them a go if I can.