Anyone else living in the northern hemisphere and yearning for sunshine? I am and already making plans for the changes we need to make in the garden. I’m sat here looking out on our back garden and the grass is looking very worse for wear, even after its first cut which we did the other day. Anyone else feeling this? That’s why I decided to research the reasons you might choose artificial grass for you today in this blog post. So here’s why if your grass has muddy puddles, odd coloured and bare patches, you might choose artificial grass this year.
The Benefits of Artificial Grass
Artificial grass has a wide amount of benefits over natural grass and turf. With recent improvements in technology, synthetic grass has become even better, both in looks feel and overall performance.
- SuDS compliant – Means that the surfacing is not going to hold water or flood.
- UV resistant – Stops the surface of the artificial turf losing its colour from sun exposure.
- Look – looks even more realistic with different shade and textures.
Benefits of artificial grass include:
- Low maintenance – No more mowing of the lawn, and no need to worry that it’s looking long or scruffy, especially if you’ve been away or unable to give it a cut because of time.
- Family-friendly – Whether you have a pet or children who use the grass for playing and games like football. You can choose a type of artificial grass that suits you and your family.
- Perfect for outdoor spaces where the grass isn’t working – For example, our garden has areas that really don’t work as grass. One of those areas is because it is walked on a lot and an another is that it’s in quite deep shade most of the time. Artificial can make this common problem less of an issue, resulting in less stress and maintenance for you. I like this solution a lot!
- Eliminates the need for harmful pesticides, chemicals and fungicides. So good if you have small children and pets.
- Saving water – We are on a water meter so watering the lawn can really make a difference to our costs, plus its a waste of water when you need to green up natural grass in the summer due to lack of rain. No such need with artificial grass!
As you can see, artificial turf is incredibly versatile and beneficial no matter what your garden situation is. It also can it be installed in domestic gardens, schools and commercial facilities. Yes, there is an initial outlay but will start to pay for itself through the savings on maintenance costs.
Do you have artificial grass? Why did you choose it?