Hormonal issues do not just plague women over the years. Men also experience a drop in testosterone levels after stepping on the other side of the forties. Since it is the primary male reproductive hormone, you can imagine the impact a slowdown may have on your body and mind. You may experience symptoms like fatigue, loss of muscle mass, weight gain, and mood swings. Besides affecting your appearance and mood, low T levels can hurt your relationship intimacy by affecting your libido. But you can address the concern and regain control over your love life, provided you take timely and appropriate action. Here is some valuable advice to rework relationship intimacy despite testosterone troubles.
Avoid blaming yourself
Aging is a natural phenomenon, so you cannot do much about the years as they fly by. Moreover, a loss in libido is likely a medical issue instead of a choice. Blaming yourself for being less active in bed is the last thing you should do once age is not on your side. You may end up feeling anxious in the bedroom, which only worsens the situation. Accept the change, and find a feasible way to address the medical issue. Explain your apprehension to your partner and seek her cooperation to rework the relationship intimacy because it requires teamwork.
Watch out for signs of low testosterone
Low T levels may happen after forty in most men, but you may encounter them even before you get on the aging bandwagon. The good thing is that you can address the problem on time, but you must watch out for the red flags. Fortunately, the symptoms of testosterone imbalance are noticeable. Besides being lazy in bed, you may experience baldness, hair loss in other areas, hot flashes, mood issues, and slow memory. Experts recommend paying attention to these signs instead of considering the inherent implications of aging.
Get the right diagnosis
Getting the right diagnosis of your medical condition is the first step toward restoring your intimacy with your partner. Men are often hesitant about discussing their libido problem, so they may end up aggravating the issue by hiding it. You can rely on a variety of testosterone tests to check the hormone levels even before seeing your doctor. Once you get a confirmation, consider the next step. You need not depend on medication to get the T levels back on track. Lifestyle changes can help you treat the issue and regain control in the bedroom.
Take charge of your health
A low testosterone diagnosis may be disconcerting, but it is not the end of the road. You can restore its levels to normal and get your relationship on track by taking charge of your health. The best part is that natural remedies and positive lifestyle changes have more anti-aging benefits beyond helping with your T levels. Here are some measures you must adopt sooner than later-
• Losing weight should be your top priority because obesity is the primary risk factor for low testosterone levels. Moreover, a healthy weight alleviates bodyconsciousness and restores your confidence in bed.
• Tailoring your diet is another way to regain hormonal control over the years. Steer clear of unhealthy fats and sugar, and eat a diet high in proteins, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
• Studies indicate that moderate-intensity aerobic activity can enhance your testosterone levels and libido. You must get at least 200 minutes of it every week.
• Avoiding substance abuse is equally crucial because alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes can disrupt the hormone function and harm your bedroom life for good. Commit to kicking these habits to bring fun and intimacy back into your relationship.
• Review your medications because over-the-counter drugs and prescription medicines may have severe side effects and interactions. They may even disrupt your T levels and libido. Talk to your doctor and get substitutes if your current medications may be problematic.
• Consider seeing a relationship counselor because the problem may be as much in your mind as in the T levels.
Find your new intimacy
Stepping over your forties may require a fresh approach to relationship intimacy as your body and brain change over the years. Avoid the perceived pressure to give your best in bed because you may need to go slow and easy. Try experimenting in bed to keep the spark alive, but remember to involve your partner. Having an honest conversation with her is a good approach because she will be more than willing to do her bit. Moreover, she will probably understand your problem if she is the same age.
Low T levels can hit your libido, but you can address the concern before they harm your relationship intimacy. Follow these simple tips to keep your bedroom life as exciting as ever.