This year has been a big year for our family. We sold our family home, the only house that both of my daughters remember, and the only one Miss A who is 13, has ever lived in. With the big change came the excitement of moving to another area, a totally different style house and much bigger bedrooms. I’d promised that as we were moving and leaving built in wardrobes and single beds they no longer liked, they both got to choose new bedroom furniture. Some of it was new to us, as we managed to get a few second hand bargains. We also managed to get two new desks for each of them, with school and University they were essential. It’s been busy, exhausting and at times emotional, but more than anything it’s been exciting and fun experience. As it’s been so frantic since September I’ve not had chance to really spend any quality time with my youngest since we moved in, to really hang out and chill together.
When I got the chance to get involved in this project with Canon, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to do this plus we could get some of those memories printed and use them to decorate Miss A’s new desk area.
What you’ll need:
- Canon SELPHY CP1500 Printer
- Canon Colour Ink / Label Set for CP1500 Printer
- Metal grid notice board
- Wire clips
- Fairy lights
- We attached the notice board on the wall first, and using the sticky pads which just take all the pressure out of trying to drill holes in the newly decorated walls. Believe me DIY and I are not friends so these are such a good idea, and really quick and easy to use.
- Printing the photographs I simply chose each of the images and cropped them, as we both preferred to ‘fill the frame’ look. I tried it on the app on my phone and using the printer itself, both were easy but I actually preferred to use the printer to make the adjustments, as you can see in on the screen on top.
3. When you choose the images and crop it how you’d like it to look, you can also choose it with or without a border, even glossy finish, semi or satin look. (As you can see I then set to printing lots of our favourite pictures from the day.)
- I then added them to the notice board using some of the clips. We’ve decided that it would be great to change up for different times of the year so we plan on filling the noticeboard with Christmas ones and next we can add some for her birthday with all her friends.
- I also added a few fairy lights so it looks lovely in the evenings, and adds some warmth to her room.
#MadeWithSELPHY #CreateWithCanon #PhotoFrame #PersonalisedGift #HomemadePresent #CanonSELPHYCP1500 @CanonEMEA