When I saw this weeks Listiography, it was at the exact same time as my eldest Miss N (9) and Miss A (2 1/2) were talking about Christmas together. Miss N was asking Miss A what she would like to have on her Christmas List.
Miss A replied “cake”
Miss N “ok….anything else?”
Miss A “A BIG cake”
Miss N “alright but you must want something else?”
Miss A “a BIG Chocolate cake!!”
That’s my girl!
She eventually got out of her she’d also like an adventure?! Not sure how Father Christmas is going to get that down the chimney!!
So here is our top 5 Christmas toys:
1. Dress up clothes. We love so many things about dress-up, they spark the imagination, and are so great for role-playing. Tutu, dress and crown here from the wonderful Dressing up Chest.
2. Ball – basic I know, but so much fun! In the spring and summer months my girls love being outside, and seem to come up with endless games to play. The only problem is when it goes over the fence to the neighbours garden………again!
3. Doll and Pram. All children love copying their parents in some way, and lots (my girls included) love looking after their dolls and proudly pushing their pram around. These clever role-playing toys help children learn about responsibility and its so sweet to see a young child taking so much care and attention when looking after a favourite doll.
4. Play Food ‘Theanamumdiary’ Cafe is always open to provide the most delicious meal, it never runs out of anything, and I don’t even have to pay! 😉
5. Books Sharing a story with your children is so important, using silly voices and making funny noises is all part of the fun. Thank goodness, no one can hear me when I’m reading The Gruffulo though 😉
This list is part of a very special Listography from Kate Takes 5 to share our Top 5 toys for kids. Once all the lists are compiled, Kate will have the Top 10 Toys for Christmas as voted by Parent Bloggers! I will then update this post once it has been completed. I can’t wait to see it!
Thank you for reading