In this post I would like to introduce you to the series of books which starts with the title Cyril the Squirrel. They are written and Illustrated by Jo Wright, who I had the pleasure of meeting at the Business Mum Unite conference.
In fact, readers of my blog will know that this is the diary of a Mum, two daughters and a VERY tall Dad. Well when I first met Jo, she asked me how tall, tall Dad was, and well….her other half is taller!!
I have reviewed the latest in this series, Myrtle the Turtle, but I will be giving away, the first in the Cyril the Squirrel series so you can start your very own collection!
Myrtle is a baby turtle who hatches out by herself on a beach and sets out to sea all alone to look for other turtles, meeting a whole host of colourful creatures along the way. It is a story of courage and hope.
This book is beautifully illustrated, I love how on every page there are things point out and talk about with your child. As well lots of different sea creatures to introduce them to. The books are really well written in verses that rhyme, making it fun for the adult to read too. It also provokes emotion, so making it a real page turner and extremely engaging to a younger reader!
It’s a big hit at ‘The Ana Mum Diary’ and we can’t wait to read the rest of the series!
If you would like to purchase any of the books in this series follow this link for all the details of where to purchase here.
Cyril the Squirrel is a forgetful squirrel who keeps forgetting where his acorns are hidden, despite burying them under something he thinks he can’t miss! With feature holes in pages through which children can count the buried acorns.
To win the first in the series, you need to do BOTH of the following, and write a comment below to say that you have done it.
1. Go to Jo’s Website, here, you will see a list of all the characters that she has either used, or going to use in a book in this series. We would like you for fun to come up with another character. Remember it must rhyme!! and you must tell us in the comment box, can’t wait to hear your ideas!
2. You must follow this blog, either by bloglovin or subscribe by email.
Make sure you leave a way of contacting you if you win, either your email address or twitter ID.
3. Tweet “I have just entered to win a Cyril the Squirrel book here http://wp.me/p1ColG-lM over at The Ana Mum Diary @gidders1”
- One entry per person (plus a max of 1 bonus entry)
- Open to UK only
- Duplicate accounts will not be entered. I will check!
- Winner will be selected at random
- theanamumdiary retains the right to change the competition if necessary.
- The prize will be posted by myself, recorded delivery within 7 days of winning .
- Closes 15th November 2011