It’s not until you try something that’s really is fit for a job sometimes, that you realise what you have been missing.
We have a shredder, its old, and was extremely cheap, even back then. We felt great that we actually had a shredder and used it. Yes, it jammed all the time. Yes, I was wary if any of the children were in the same room as it. And no, It didn’t shred more that one or two sheets at a time. But we had one right?
How wrong could I be! As soon as the Fellowes DS-1 shredder entered our home we realised quite where we had been going wrong.
- It’s powerful – shredding up to 11 sheets at a time.
- It’s safe. Patented SafeSense® Technology stops shredding when hands touch the paper entry.
- It has a huge bin (18 L) Made of a wire mess its much easier to dispose of the shredding.
- It runs for longer, huge bonus!
- Higher security cross-cut shreds 11 sheets per pass into 3.9 x 35mm cross-cut particles (Security Level 3)
- It actually looks good! Its slimline, so doesn’t take up much space in the home.
- IT HAS NOT JAMMED ONCE!
In today’s society, unfortunately more and more we are aware that we need to keep our personal identity safe, with the rise of Identity Fraud.
It is highlighted on sites such as Identity Theft UK how important this is. Keeping documents safe, and disposing of them by shredding is highly recommended as the best action.
Identity fraud continues to rise with 4 million victims in UK alone. Identity Theft UK reported ‘consumers continue to be complacent with their identities’.
So now we have our new shredder we really feel that we are doing all that we can to prevent identity fraud. It not only feels safe and powerful, I feel it really is doing the job I’m asking it to do. Oh…. and I’ve agreed with my neighbour she can have the shredding for her Guinea Pigs, and the girls get to visit them so it’s a win win!