I love food, I’m actually pretty passionate about it. But I like good food, wholesome food, and I like to know exactly what I’m eating. I’ve never been a takeaway person really. I love the idea of a takeaway, the ease behind it, but its at odds with my need to know what is in food.
I was asked if I would like to review two Gousto meals for two. I loved the concept, was actually very excited to try it. Here in their own words is the what Gousto is :
Gousto provides you with all the ingredients in the right proportions to cook delicious meals at home. The produce is organic, fresh and seasonal. Gousto’s recipes are developed by a team of passionate chefs and tested by all our friends and families first (very picky people). You get to choose the recipes online and every week the selection is updated to make sure there’re plenty of new recipes for you. The recipes are delivered right to your doorstep once a week so you decide when to cook. Whenever you’re on holiday or just don’t have time, simply place the subscription on hold – it’s easy.
First of all, delivery was simple, if I was to regularly choose the service, it would arrive on the same day each week. It arrived well packaged in biodegradable packaging, with ice-packs, to ensure freshness, I was really impressed!
I chose two vegetarian meals, the first being express ratatouille, on cheesy polenta. There seems to be a very wide range of meals to choose from, the meals that are vegetarian are slightly reduced in price compared to the meat ones. You can choose and order quantities of food suitable for a whole family too.
An example of a current meal that contains meal is : Umbrian wild boar salami ragu, with linguine.
Not only are you provided with all of the ingredients, but with a card that has step by step instructions, and visual prompts, so that you can make the meal. The recipe card, also includes the calorie and fat content. This recipe was easy to make, very filling, and a both recipes made very big portions. This one wasn’t to my or my husbands taste however, I would have liked the flavours to be stronger, but that is our personal preference.
The next dish was green pesto fusilli with porcini and chestnut mushrooms. It was delicious, again very easy to make. Unfortunately as I was making the pesto my hand blender broke, so the pesto ended up being very roughly chopped. I also in the process burnt the pasta (I know who burns pasta?…twice, yes really!) I always have pasta in the house, so substituted it for spaghetti. It was extremely tasty, and something I would definitely, make and eat again.
So overall I love this as an idea, I think it is convenient, healthy and the ingredients are very good quality and organic. I also love that with the meal there is no food waste to be concerned with, a huge plus for me. I think this would make a great thing to gift to newly moved in couple, or perhaps someone wanting to experiment a little more with cooking.
If you visit the site, they currently have a competition to win a months supply of Gousto. Here is the link
Have I whetted you appetite?
Well I also have giveaway exclusive to my readers. All you need to make two meals for two persons (so 4 meals in total) delivered to your door.
In order to enter the giveaway you must do the first of these :
1. Sign up for the Gousto Newsletter HERE – the sign up box is at the very bottom left.
2. Subscribe to The Ana Mum Diary blog HERE
3. Follow me on Facebook HERE
4. Tweet the following message ” I’m in it to win all the ingredients for 2 meals for two people from @FollowGousto via @gidders1 #win #giveaway ”
Terms and Conditions:
- This prize draw will be drawn at random, and is open to UK residents aged 16 or over.
- Up to 4 entries per person. Signing up for the Gousto newsletter is the only compulsory method of entry.
- The Ana Mum Diary and ‘Gousto’ retain the right to change the competition if necessary.
- The prize will be sent to you directly from Gousto, and they are responsible for the fulfilment of the prize. It is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- If the winner does not contact me within one week, I will redraw another winner at random.
- Entries must be received by 11.59 pm on 21st July.
- A winner will be chosen at random and notified by email on the 22nd July
- ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions