I try hard each year to be as organised as possible, but I’ve got to say I find the buying for men really tricky, whether at Christmas or Birthdays. So to help you (and me) I started early this year, and found some of the best gifts, that I am sure will be loved this festive season. A good half of these are actually good whether you are male or female, in fact I plan or ‘borrowing’ one or two…but shhh don’t tell Tall Dad!
1 Worx Sonicrafter F30 WX680 (£99) – If you have someone in your life who loves a good power tool, then this would be a great gift option for them. Its brand new on the market and is useful for a multitude of DIY tasks, so cutting down the number of products you need in your toolbox. It has 29 accessories, so is extremely versatile. Who knew one tool could be used for sanding in tight corners, cutting pipes and removing grout, as well as carrying out tasks on wood, metal, plastic, tiles and many more.
With the convenience of a UniversalFit system, the Sonicrafter fits any accessory from any brand, including accessories from older models of the tool. What’s more, the HyperLock™ clamp allows users to change accessories without the need for additional tools, making it quick and easy to swap accessories between tasks. The clamp even provides one-ton clamping force to ensure the accessories do not loosen in the middle of a project.
If anything makes my husband DIY savvy it will be this!
2. Yardley Citrus and Wood gift set £19.99 Contains Eau De Toilette 50ml and Hair & Body Wash 200ml.
Now my husband is a creature of habit when it comes to his aftershave. I don’t know about yours but he’s been using the same one for 12 years, I love the smell, but its good to try new things, and this one really does smell gorgeous. Yardley is not a brand to overlook, they have modern and interesting fragrances within their ranges, and in my opinion smell far more expensive than they actually are.
3. ASUS Memo Pad 7 – £99 ME176 MeMoPad
My other half is a android fan, so I know he’s going to love this. Its light, slim and compact, it also has a a microSD card slot for adding storage, something that I wish my tablet had. It will be great for him to use when he is out and about, or on a trip for business.
- 9 hour battery life
- Backlit LED screen with anti-fingerprint coating
- Super-speedy Intel Quad-Core processor
- Ultra-light-weight 295g
- 2MP rear camera and 0.3MP front camera
Its also a great price too!
This not only tickled me, I also thought it was a brilliant concept for a board game. Do you know what your family or friends love and hate? Favourite crisps, or least favourite TV series? Playing a board game as a family is one of those joys that can’t be beaten. Laughter, competitiveness and family time together, perfect! The creators – Pants on Fire, have a whole host of other new board games, and I must admit I was definitely tempted by the Euro Babble one too.
5. Rehab skincare products -Does your other half use your skin care when you aren’t looking? Well how about buying him his own dedicated range. This is a great range of products from Lisa Hilton. Its well known as using natural products that are quick to use, but delivers results.
Shave Gel (£8.95) For sensitive skin, it contains argon oil, hazel and aloe vera. I love that its forulated to be low foam, ‘so you can see where you are shaving the rock star side burns.’
Calm Balm (£14.95) Perfect if you suffer from sensitive skin, and if it is blotchy or irritated. Made with the healing and rejuvenating properties of Hawaiian water algae, it soothes skin, leaving it smooth but invigorated.
Morning Glory (£14.95) This is moisturiser that hydrate and acts as a antioxident.
6. Jam Rewind Wireless Speaker (£79.99) When I spotted this speaker I actually did a happy jig. Retro and so cool, a great one for a music loving person to take travelling with them, even to the office. There are actually speakers at the front and back, so four in total.
- Compatible with iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Bluetooth compatible.
- 8 watts.
- Frequency 18Hz-60Hz.
- Size H6.5, W13, D2.3cm.
- Power from USB.
- USB cable included.
- Li-Ion batteries (included).
- Remote control included.
I am going to have stop the family fighting over this one, as I think both myself and the tween will be wanting to use it.
7. Finally a great leather belt from Harrison Brands £48 (though its on sale at the moment, so be quick) This is a great site for everything from Merino wool sweaters to, suits, jeans and gilets. As I mentioned there is a sale on at the moment, so perfect to pick up some vut price Christmas gifts.
I contemplated calling this the Tall Dad gift guide, as that’s how I refer to my hubby on the blog, and this is what he’s getting for Christmas. However I’m hoping that by not doing so, he won’t spot the post. Wish me luck!