It’s not long now until the official Red Nose day starts – Friday 13th March, but before that, there are so many ways to raise some money for Comic Relief. I know lots of my fellow bloggers are getting involved in the Danceathon at Wembley, unfortunately my dancing feet are not up to that much toe tapping, so I won’t be able to join them. I will of course be joining in with the Comic Relief fundraising, and one thing I will be doing, is cooking up a storm and baking something funny for money in my brand new Henry Holland designed HomeSense apron!
Don’t I look proud! The Apron is now available to purchase at HomeSense for £12.99 along with tea towels designed by Henry Holland with a famous Orson Wells quote.
Do you want to join me? Well here is my recipe, perfect for a bake sale :
Red Nose Cookie Pizza Pie : A Comic Relief Recipe by ME!
- 1/2 cup – 4oz salted butter,melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup – 5.75 oz light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – 1.75 oz granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/3 cups – 5.3 oz of plain flour
- Several Reece’s Cups
- Red M&Ms for the noses, I added brown ones too.
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Mix well the sugar, vanilla extract and egg together. Then add the melted butter to this mixture.
- Add the plain flour and mix lightly.
- It should be a thick mix
- I forgot to grease my flan dish, and it did stick slightly. I would recommend greasing, and parchment paper on the bottom if you have it.
- Press the mixture into a 9 inch flan tin.
- Smooth surface, and arrange the Reece peanut butter cups and red M&Ms. Make sure they are pressed into the mixture though.
- Cookie can not be put in the oven. Keep your eye on it, but it should take around 25-30 mins to bake.
- Leave to cool, before slicing like a pizza. It should be still gooey in the middle, but once cooled the texture is amazing, crisp and biscuity on the outside, fudgy and soft on the inside. So gooood!
- I would recommend it cools completely before you eat it, with a lovely large cup of tea!
So I have a little giveaway for you as well, in collaboration with HomeSense to celebrate the partnership the have Comic Relief. You could win a £50 HomeSense gift card with this giveaway!
What do you need to do?
1. Follow me on twitter @gidders1
2. Please share with me your own ‘funny bake’ making sure you include @gidders1 and the hashtag #raisesomedough
3. Then comment on this post with your twitter ID, so I can check it out!
You must include my twitter name and the hashtag, or your entry won’t be counted.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a giveaway for the UK.
- Start date – 8th February and End date – 11.59 pm 27th February
- Entry is via Twitter, a tweet with a photograph of a funny bake.
- Tweet must include @gidders1 #raisesomedough to count.
- Entrants must be following @gidders1 on twitter.
- Winner will picked by random from all of the funny bake entries received, and will be contacted by the 29th of February.
This is a Featured Post : HomeSense sent me an apron to cook in, and I will be donating my fee to Comic Relief.