I am a little bit of an expert when it comes to a hot toddy. They are absolutely the best thing to take, if you are about to come down with a cold in my opinion, or to enjoy cosied up this winter by the fire. So I thought I would share with you, my ultimate hot toddy recipe, it really is the perfect combination of ingredients!
You will need:
- two teaspoons of Rowse Manuka 15+ honey
- a lemon, enough to add a splash of lemon juice and one or two slices
- An inch of fresh ginger
- a cap full of rum
- Fresh thyme
- a warmed mug
- a spoon
Lots of people believe that Manuka honey has great health benefits (me included) so that why I like to use it, if I’m feeling a little under the weather. Rowse’s Manuka comes exclusively from New Zealand by bees who forage from the Manuka bush, and that why it has such a distinct flavour.
- First of all, take 1 inch of ginger, peel and finely slice it, adding it to a mug that you have warmed with hot water, and then dried.
- Add a slice or two of lemon, depending on your taste, I prefer one. Also a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add hot water to the mug, filling 4/5ths of the way up.
- Then add the Manuka Honey, two teaspoons is perfect.
- Finally adding the rum (I use a cap full) to the drink and the thyme (just a few springs) and give it a stir, allowing all the flavours to combine and the ginger and thyme to infuse!
Relax and enjoy!
It really is the perfect combination and you will be surprised how much flavour the drink has. I love adding Manuka honey, as the favour is quite different to ordinary honey and adds a real depth to a hot toddy. This drink is warming and herby with a little sharpness because of the lemon. The perfect hot toddy!
This post has been written in collaboration with Rowse.