I’m off to France for a little trip with the family, and wanted to give my makeup bag a spring clean and treat myself to a few new things. Anyone else love packing for a trip away? Well ‘love’ might be a stretch, but if I get the opportunity to buy new things to go away with, then its always much more enjoyable. I’m only traveling with hand luggage so I wanted to try to create a capsule collection of makeup, that didn’t take up much space, and could take me from day to evening easily.
I opted for a favourite makeup brand of mine bagsy. They are a British born company I’ve been using for the last couple of years. I’ve not been disappointed yet using bagsy, so knew they would be a great one to go for. I also spotted that they collaborated with Savannah Miller late last year, so I was keen to try a couple of those products too.
So here is what I went for :
- Dawn to Dusk Eyeshadow Palette – £24 The dawn to dusk eyeshadow palette has 5 different shades from neutral to darker matt and shimmer shadow. I like to wear shadow in the day, just a little, so this is perfect as I can build it up in the evening when we go out for a meal. I love that it doesn’t crease (something that is a problem with my lids) and lasted well.
- Pretty Cheeks in Velvet Rose – £16 I’ve actually featured this on the blog before, and having run out (I think my eldest has been using it too!) I decided to repurchase it. It’s perfect to add to the apples of your cheeks and blends in beautifully.
- Pitch Black Full Volume Mascara – £18 I’ve been looking for a new mascara for some time, and have not had much luck finding the perfect formula. What I love about this is it’s not clumpy or dry very hard, goes on easily and lasts all day.
- Kabuki Brush – £15 I’ve only just bought a new blusher brush actually, but hadn’t realised how long (huge) the handle was, so it wasn’t ideal for fitting in a tiny makeup bag I’m bringing. This is just perfect, and comes in it’s on little bag to keep your bag clean, and any dust getting on the brush. It’s also incredibly soft.
- WOW Lips – £12 in Ready to Wear As I’m getting older, I swear my lips are getting thinner, so I’m trying to remember to wear lipstick to give myself a bit of a boost in the pout area. I’m a big fan of a chubby stick, their chubbiness (if that’s not a word it so needs to be when talking about this type of lipstick) makes it easier to apply and hold. It’s very smooth when you put it on and doesn’t have that stick feeling that some leave you with. I’d describe it as a half way house between glossy and matt.
- Bronzed Brilliance Shimmer Powder – £20 I have very pale (Irish) skin so it always look a little better with a little bronzer and blusher on. Because I’m pale though,that helps me ‘glow’ rather than add too much pigment, so that’s why I choose this. I’ve tested this out, and its soft enough to use all over the face, with a little extra on all the areas that naturally catch the sun. It’s actually a lot better than the one I am currently using as it feels more velvety and go on much more evenly. LOVE!
As you can see the Savannah Miller items I chose (1,2 & 3) have a different styling than the main bagsy collection. It has that same unique style, but is more dark and moody than the colourful original collection. It looks so classic and stylish.
From illuminating sheer powder to statement red lipstick, the 6-piece capsule range offers an edit of easy-to-use products with expert, quality formulas, individually packaged and portable. Designed for everyday beauty, the range offers all you need to take your look from glowing day wear to evening glamour and, in keeping with bagsy’s unique style, each product features a quirky ‘feel good’ message.
PLEASE NOTE : I also wanted to point out that the brand supports Women for Women International, a charity which Savannah is particularly passionate about.
“I have such a love of beauty and was so excited to work with the bagsy team on this capsule collection. I really wanted to deliver an edit that helps people to look and feel great every single day, whatever their style and mood. I’m also thrilled to be able to support Women for Women International, which is making life-changing progress in helping marginalised women in countries affected by war and conflict.” – SAVANNAH MILLER