You really don’t have to spend a fortune over the summer to keep the kids busy. I wanted to give you (with an English summer in mind) 5 outdoor and 5 indoor activities to keep your children busy this summer, that won’t cost a penny. Plus a great competition with Sun-Pat who are offering the chance to win one of 420 sports kits, which we have been lucky enough to have been sent a sample of to test out.
Skipping has always been a firm favourite!
- Make sand castles at the beach. There is just something about playing on the beach, and where great memories are made. Don’t live by the sea? Well how about making perfume from petals like roses in your garden.
- Get on your bikes. Have a look on the internet for either easy or more challenging routes to take.
- Blackberry picking. You could use them in baking or jam afterwards.
- Go for a picnic in the park. Pack up your rucksack, and go for a walk to the park. Instead of lunch inside, take it out into the sunshine, or even your garden. Followed by a game of football together.
- Play pooh sticks – Drop sticks into the water and see which one wins the race downstream.
- Indoor Olympics – paper plane folding and throwing, hula hoop, obstacle course and discus with paper plates.
- Treasure Hunt – all you need is a set of clue that takes them to a different part of the house. I love the prize at the end to be a loved soft toy waiting for them.
- Competition to tidy away the toys, or their rooms.
- Build an indoor den – outdoor dens are great fun to make, but how about an indoor one? It can then be used to do some quiet reading or colouring. How about going to the library for fresh new books to read in it.
- Theater time – you can download short plays, use poems as inspiration, or get the kids to make up their own. Don’t forget the performance too!
Sun-Pat Fuelling Families is a great new competition offering families the chance to win one of 420 sports kits HERE to help keep kids busy this summer. Each kit comes with a football, cricket set and skipping rope and is packaged in a bag, pictured below.
The whole sports kit
Sun-Pat are also launching an activity guide featuring 42 cheap or free activities for kids over the summer – an activity for each day of the holidays.
Sun-Pat are also giving away 10 sports kits every day of the summer holidays, each one containing a football, cricket set and skipping rope to help fuel fun and games for families across the UK. To enter to win one of these kits simply click enter HERE visit Sun-Pat on Facebook to enter there.
Hope you have a great fun filled summer!