Ways to make your home feel cosy this season, plus keep reading to the end and I’ll be announcing a fantastic giveaway!
We may be having some incredibly warm weather this week, however another cold spell is just around the corner according to the meteorologists. If you havent already, or you are just looking for some tips, these are my sure fire ways to make your home feel cosy and welcoming this season – in collaboration with EonEnergy.
So EonEnergy did some research and found some interesting stats :
- Bad weather causes more than three quarters (77%) of Brits to put off outdoor activities and errands – Totally agree!
- Nearly a fifth (19%) say that miserable weather causes them to eat less healthily – Holds hand up!
- The research shows that whilst almost three quarters make their homes cosier in winter (73%) by adding throws or lighting candles, Brits are less likely to have taken measures which help their home’s energy efficiency during cold or wet weather. Hmm, yes I definitely think about ways to make my home more cozy, but we definitely have already put measure inplace to make sure own home is more energy efficient, but maybe we should revisit this each winter?
Here are a couple of my tips to a cosy home :
Take the time
There is nothing nicer (in my opinion) than setting your alarm at the weekend too. You don’t need to get up and at them, but how about still getting up a little early, getting some breakfast, and then enjoying the cosiness of it in your bedroom and bed? Some warming porridge with dried cranberries and blueberries is a favourite of mine. Or if you are a weekend pastry fan how about a warm cinnamon roll with some fresh fruit.
Transversely how about going to bed a little early with a good book. You do need to think about your bed, add some throws or a winter weight duvet to make it feel warmer. I sometimes move away from my usual all white bedlinen as I have above and choose darker colours which help with that cozy feeling.
This is the lighting on our stairs
Think about how you use lighting in your home, including the choice you make with the lightbulbs. We have smart lightbulbs in some of the rooms, and LED strips, which you can both alter the colour and intensity of the light that is given off. Also the positioning of your lighting. Making pockets of warm light can really help a home feel cozy and warm. With lower daylight levels and a flat quality of daylight, contrast between internal and external lighting and consequently decreases, lower levels of artificial light can be employed. Think contrast, drama and warmth, and if in any doubt, light lots of candles to feel cosy.
You can find more top tips from fitness expert, Alice Liveing – http://www.eonenergy.com/refresh
So now its time for the giveaway!
Terms and Conditions
- To enter please use the rafflecopter widget
- There is one prize of £150 JOHN LEWIS VOUCHER
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over
- Competition is closed to employees and relatives of The Ana Mum Diary and EonEnergy
- The competition opening date is 1st March 2019 selecting a winner at random on 9th of March. It closes on the 8th of March at 11.59 pm
- The winner will be chosen at random by rafflecopter and will be contacted by tweet or email address provided. If the winner does not respond within 14 days a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner’s name will be available on request. By entering this competition participants consent to their full name being available by request from Amanda at The Ana Mum Diary
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s address
- EonEnergy reserves the right to amend or withdraw the competition at any time without notice or liability
- Entry to this competition confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
- This competition is governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be governed by the English courts.
This post was sponsored by E.ON, to help advertise their wide range of products and services available for your home. Although I was paid for this post, all views are my own