Each year, we try to think of an inventive way of Miss N to dress up as a book character, for World Book Day. It’s getting trickier as she get older. At 10, there is a very big emphasis on the outfit and character being ‘cool’.
I also, like the outfit to be easy and affordable, I do not really want to get into the whole competitive parenting thing. It should be something they want to dress in, in my opinion, and be about encouraging your child to read.
This year, we decided on the character Katniss Everdeen from the Suzanne Collins’ Hunger Games trilogy. A fantastic story, and we hoped a simple but effective character to get right.
Miss N, made a side ponytail to her hair, keeping it low and a little messy.
We purchased a Mockingjay Pin, from eBay for £2.99.
This we thought was essential as either the pin, or the Mockingjay, play an important role throughout the books.
Miss N, them went for a simple black top and trousers, to complete the look. You could add a brown belt to the waist too.
You could also add a bow and arrow, if you wanted to, and a pair of knee high boots to complete the look.
On the day, she will carry, a small plain backpack, and put a little dark colour under her eyes, to look as if she has been surviving on little sleep, but essentially that’s it. So simple, Miss N is very happy, and so am I.
May the odds be ever in your favour!
Thank you for reading
Incoming search terms:
- black top and trousers book character
- katniss for world book day
- ideas for being a book character day may be from the diary of a
- how to dress like katniss everdeen
- katniss everdeen world book day
- dress up as miss messy book character
- how to dress up like a girl with in ponytail for world book day
- book character for mum
- dress up like a book character ideas katniss everdeen
- simple ideas for book character day