I love a bargain, and at this time of year, you can pick up some fantastic ones. Black Friday can feel overwhelming, but with my set of hacks and tips, I promise you will be set to slay this year! What is Black Friday? Well you’ve come to the right place to find out.
This year it falls on 24th November 2017.
On Black Friday (and the next few days) prices plummet to attract people to splashing the cash in the run-up to Christmas. It is the biggest shopping day of the year. The day got its name from the phrase ‘move into the black’. Meaning they have enough money to cover their costs.
- Make a list. This is THE most important thing to do, so that you can make sure that you stay on track.
- Future proof! I don’t just think about the next couple of months, I think about anything that I may need in the next 12 months, especially big-ticket items and write those on the list. For example next year we are considering buying a new television, so I will be looking around for deals this Black Friday. We will also be renovating out kitchen, so I will be keeping this in mind too, as I know electricals will be something we will be wanting to renew.
- FIND A HUB! This is a place which does all of the hard work for you, and provides you with all of the places that have amazing deals on offer. My top tip would be to find at least one of these. The best one I use to find Black Friday deals and offers is My Voucher Codes – which has the added bonus of finding extra vouchers, discounts and offers too!
- Remain focused. For me, this means by shopping online, rather than on the high street. I find it easier, to not be tempted by things I don’t really need. I get my list a cuppa and work my way through all of the things I want to buy.
- Do research ahead of time. Preparation is key! This means figuring out what brands you like, read reviews and get some background knowledge on the items that you need to buy.
- Newsletters & Social Media. This is all part of the preparation, by signing up for brand newsletters and liking their pages on social media before Black Friday, you’ll get to know some of the key items and promotions that are coming up.
- Get online early. If I cast my mind back to last year, there were not only some amazing deals out there, but they went fast! Its worth looking at when companies are starting their sales. Again you’ll find this kind of detail on social media and newsletters. Some even start at midnight, whilst others with be earlier on Friday morning.
- Missed out? Do not forget that Black Friday is actually more than one day, so remember to keep looking for deals beyond Cyber Monday too!
- Compare prices. If the item you need is being sold across a number of retailers, pay particular attention to delivery fees. Don’t get caught out!
SHARE YOUR SUCCESSES
I would love to know of any success stories you have, or even any Black Friday hiccups? Please let me know in the comments.