In January I set myself some goals that I want to try and achieve by the end of the year. I’ve updated you sporadically but decided to wait a while to give you this update in May, to let you in on my progress. Some have been going well, others I’ve yet to get off the ground. I knew it wouldn’t be plain sailing, resolutions or other new things rarely are. I do think its good for me to write these things down, check in with you, as well as sit down and objectively look at how I’m doing.
1. Take a family photo each month – Honestly not even thought about this. Not sure why I have a mental block on doing this, but I have! However, I need to do this for the rest of the year. Honestly, time is zipping by at the moment, Niamh with her GCSE’s and A who only has a year left of primary school. I really do want to record more of my family.
2. Reduce my wardrobe – Well, the shoes and boots have reduced a little since my last update so I have made some more progress. I’m about halfway there now, so 15 things to go. By the end of June I want to have sent to charity another 15 items to someone who needs them or to a local charity.
3. Follow the TOMM Method – This is kind of organising and cleaning scheme, so I can easily keep on top of things. I’ve definitely been following this. I’ve felt quite organised, and happy with how this has gone.
4. Meal Plan – Can meal planning and me split up, please. It’s not me… it’s you!
5. Have at least a day a month where I do something for me – Yes, I’ve really tried to do this and I’ve had done things like coffee with friends, having my hair done and going to the cinema in the day, so this one is a win! I’ve also spent quite a lot of time doing small craft projects.
6. Read a book a month – My goal is 12 books for the year, and I’m bang on target having read 4 so far, and I am about to start on a 5th. I’ve actually been into Waterstones and hate two lovely chats with the staff there who’ve recommend things for me to read. I think I’m also going to read some books that were recommended to me for my 10-year-old so we can enjoy them together.
7. Makeover my downstairs loo – No progress on this, but I know it’s going to be a slow burner.
8. Exercise – Still walking every day. Also added weekly Zumba to that too. Hannah the lady who does it is such a fab person when she smiles everyone else does. That kind of happiness and enthusiasm is something that’s got to be good for you. I’m going to try and increase this to twice a week. I had planned to do that this week, but then I fell over, quite badly, and ever since I have felt awful, so stiff. I was going to up going to twice a week, but then I fell over and well it felt like the universe was telling me to stick to once a week for the time being.
9. SIZE 16 – Yup, I’m still that. I’ve not had any alcohol for a month. Feel a lot clearer because of it. I don’t think I over drank, it was just a habit that I wanted to shake. however. Not sure if complete lack of alcohol is forever, or just for the time being. I’m finding it interesting how my attitude to drinking is altering though. Miss A my youngest daughter has just done DARE (the Drug and Alcohol course) at school and I’ve really enjoyed talking to her, and thinking about the reasons as a teen you do start drinking.
I’m also feeling great after taking more vitamins regularly for the last 5 months.
10. *No spend on skin care, hair products and makeup – I was asked recently if I’ve saved money and I didn’t know quite how to answer. I suppose I must have saved money, but I’ve honestly not felt it. So far I have used up quite a lot of product. I’m saving all of the packagings for the year, so I can see how much waste I produce in a year.
I’m definitely using up lots of old product, which I’m really pleased about. I’m trying to focus on older things in my collection. I am still taking on reviews though if it’s a new product or one that I think my readers will find interesting.
Skincare is somewhat different, as (confession) I’m obsessed. My plan is to use what I have, and not buy anything unless I have run out, and can’t find an alternative within my skincare stash. I’m hoping that by the end of the year, I will have used up lots (all?) of my duplicates, and products I’ve only partially used. This is something that I want to do for two reasons. I want to get myself out of the habit of buying more than I need, and I want to be able to save money this year.
*Exceptions to this – I will still be reviewing both skincare and makeup on here that have been gifted.
11. Feel more confident with how I look –
No, I know this isn’t going to be a quick fix, but I don’t feel confident in how I look. I feel like I’ve taken a few steps back really. I had my hair done last week which always makes me feel a bit better. Losing weight is one thing I’m hoping will help me feel more confident, as I am overweight, but I do want to feel more settled