This post is in collaboration with Treads School Shoes
This is the time parents all around the UK are thinking about new school shoes for their children. If you’ve never been in this position before, I wanted to offer you a little advice. Buying school, shoes can seem tricky but there are a few things I think are important to consider.
- What shoes work for your child, velcro, lace-ups, a slip-on styles? Remember that primary school encourage independence, so they should be able to put the shoes on themselves.
- Are they a child who is quite physical at break time and need something sturdy?
- Do they have slim or wide feet, what kind of support do they need?
- What material should you buy? Leather really does last longer in my opinion.
- I would suggest spending some time doing some research before you buy them as there are some very different styles and designs.
Treads School Shoes – Dakota Oxford £35 – £45
It’s important to measure your children’s feet accurately before buying them each pair of shoes, especially schools I think, as they are in them so much every day. Paramount to ensure healthy foot development and to avoid any issues. We all know that visiting the high street can be very tricky over summer (especially when it comes to buying school shoes) and there are alternatives out there including Treads. You can either purchase a foot gauge (£4.99) or download our handy shoe measuring gauge (free, you just need a printer) which will ensure you order the correct size shoe for your child. We used the foot gauge and it was simple and quick to do.
My initial thoughts & review
So we ordered the shoes and they arrived very promptly within a couple of days. They felt light but robust, especially the sole of the shoe and the seams. I also thought the material felt supple in my hand, and not super stiff, so I didn’t have any concerns with it rubbing. The fit on my 10-year-old was good, with a little wiggle room too. She has a wide foot generally and we experimented with the dual fit system whereby you can change the fit by taking out one of the soles. This worked perfectly for us. A loves the design of the shoe (she is year 6) so its beginning to be more important that it ‘looks’ cool and this completely fits the bill.
What I love about Treads
- Dual fit system –
- Free returns and delivery
- 30 Day satisfaction
- 12 Month Indestructible Guarantee – Each Treads shoe assures unsurpassed quality, comfort and durability. A 12 months guarantee. If the shoe you buy falls short of these high standards, you may return it to Treads within 12 months from the day of purchase.
- Permair® leather – Breathable performance leather
- “Strobel” construction – The upper is placed in a mould and the sole is injected around it
- Reinforced heels – Prevents splitting through stamping
- Shock-absorbing insoles – Easy to remove too!
- Flexible injection moulded soles – Hardwearing, non-slip and non-marking
I’ve got such a lovely giveaway for you today, and it couldn’t be better timing. New school shoes anyone?
T’s& C’s on the Rafflecopter Post.