A little late in the month, but here are my 2020 goals. I’m going to set it up slightly differently this year, and give myself main goals for the year, and then smaller goals for a shorter period. I just think that will help me keep on track and give me some accountability. So here goes!
My 2020 Goals
- Take a family photo each month – Slight change as I’m not going to concentrate on all of us being in the photo but just more photographs of the family in general. I want to have a personal photo of one or a few of us that I can look back on every month, and not just have them of occasions or holidays. I seem to have gotten out of the habit of taking them, so let’s change that.
- Read a book a month – I’m using an app for audible books that’s free, its called BorrowBox for anyone wanting to do similar. I love it! I’ve also got a few books that I have been given or bought that I haven’t read yet.
- Feel more confident in how I look – This ties into my wardrobe goal for January and February as well as the diet and exercise goals.
- Makeover my downstairs loo – Didn’t do this last year, but this is the year!
- Exercise – Nothing serious but I saw my Doctor at the end of the year and I need to not do high impact exercise, also losing weight will help too. Luckily Bowflex contacted me and offered to give me the Max 8 trainer to use to help me on my quest to be fitter. So far my thoughts are…oh my goodness I’m so unfit! Do my legs actually belong to my body? More to follow on this.
- SIZE 16 – I need to lose weight, and the first thing I did on the 1st of January was to join WW (WeightWatchers) and every day (Ok there’s only been three full days but its a start) I’ve been tracking my food and keeping to the ‘points’ I have been allocated. I’ll let you know how I get on in February.
- No spend on skincare, hair products, makeup and clothing – This is a continuance of last year. I think I will definitely run out of many things in the skincare category, but I will aim to replace with well-priced items that work, especially on items such as cleansers and moisturisers that I use a lot of. I’m over, spending too much! My aim is to get to a size14 but mostly reduce my waist size and feel fitter. I might need to break my no spend to buy trousers and jeans maybe. I’m guessing I can make do with most of the other things like dresses and tops as I’m not really into tight clothing. SO I’m giving myself some wiggle room for later in the year.
- Savings -I have a goal to save an amount of money each month to go toward a holiday in 2021. I started this from August last year, and really want to keep it up, but I need to keep organised and focused on the end game for this, as its really tough!
January & February Goals
- Reduce my wardrobe – This year I wanted to have even fewer things in my wardrobe, I like the idea of ironing my clothes and they still looked ironed and not crushed because of how much I have crammed in there. I’m not sure about shoes and boots but if I think it’s appropriate I will. I’m going to add to these bags and other accessories, I’d like to reduce this and have fewer but nicer things that I use every day. I want to mix up my wardrobe rather than reaching for the same things all of the time.
- Follow the TOMM Method – Every day for the whole of January!
- Fitness – Use Max the Bowflex trainer three times a week in January and four in February. I have no idea if this is doable, but that’s my aim.
- Record – what I eat consistently on the WW app for the whole of Jan, getting into a good habit with it.
- Recipes – Try at least 5 new recipes using the WW app in Jan.
See you in February for the next update of my 2020 goals!