A very happy new year, to you all. Now, I know this post isn’t for everyone, and its going to be a very personal post, that I hope is going to be a little bit of a benchmark on my blog, that I’ll keep referring back to. Though I’m sharing my 2019 goals here, I’m writing it for me really.
Over the last month, I’ve been writing little notes to myself on my phone, of things I want to achieve over the next year. Some are more frivolous, other really mean a lot to me. I’m hoping they are all achievable, but I have got a couple that are more flexible.
My 2019 Goals
- Take a family photo each month – We don’t ever take family photos together, and this is the year its going to change. One decent one a month, can’t be that hard to achieve can it? Well lets see!
- Reduce my wardrobe – By 20 more pieces of clothing and 5 pairs of shoes. Then either giveaway, sell or charity what goes.
- Follow the TOMM Method – I dipped in and out of it last year, and it’s really a great way to clean and sort your home. It’s similar to something I used to do, but much more organised and methodical. As you may know, I blog full-time, and work from home so taking the time out to do this, really helps me mentally, as I struggle to function if the house is a mess.
- Meal Plan – This is one I struggle with. However, I saw something recently about sitting down and getting the family involved in putting down all of the meals they like, and then doing them on rotation. Add in new recipes as and when you can. I’m hoping this is going to be the way forward to break my online food shopping habit and over spending.
- Have at least a day a month where I do something for me – Something that will help encourage my creativity, which I think I’ve really lost in recent years. Whether that’s learning a new skill, that in turn will help my blog, or simply something fun that I can share or photograph.
- Read a book a month – Including books I’ve read before or Amazon Prime books. I’m really interested in a no spend year, which I might explain in more detail in another post. So as much as I can a lot of these things and goals are going to have a bit of a money-saving, or no spend spin.
- Makeover my downstairs loo – This is going to involve me learning how to tile I think, so I’m going to give myself a whole year to do this one. It needs new tiles and paint, so not much but it is my goal to get it looking more stylish by the end of the year.
- Exercise – To add aerobic exercise into my routine. I walk every day, but I know that isn’t enough to be healthy. So 2019 is going to be the year I get out of breath. Ha!
- SIZE 16 – I hate that I am a size 16, it makes looking good in clothes virtually impossible. So for me, I’d like to be a size 14 in 2019.
- No spend on skin care, hair products and makeup – I have lots of makeup and skin care and I’d like to use lots of it up, and a no spend rule is I think the answer for me. I definitely won’t need any make-up. Though I’m sure I’ll be tempted! I have unopened mascaras and I bought 2 new liquid eyeliners before Christmas, so I think I can do this, and resist temptation. Skin care is somewhat different, as (confession) I’m obsessed. My plan is to use what I have, and not buy anything unless I have run out, and can’t find an alternative within my skin care stash. I’m hoping that by the end of the year, I will have used up lots (all?) of my duplicates. This is something that I want to do for two reasons. I want to get myself out of the habit of buying more than I need, and I want to be able to save money this year. My exception, is that I will still be reviewing both skin care and makeup on here that has been gifted. Exceptions : Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and any item I have completely used up.
- Feel more confident in how I look – This also includes me taking more pride in my appearance, and looking more put together? This is perhaps a little bit of an odd one, but It’s something I’ve been really conscious of in recent months. I think this is ha a lot to do with my weight, and the way my weight is distributed, plus the fact I work from home. I’m determined to change this though.
Me, looking into the NY resolution abyss. Wish me luck!
Ok, so I think that’s definitely everything I had written down over the last month. It feels good to have it all written down. I’ve gone into less detail than I have on my notes, so I hope that all makes sense. If anyone has any word of wisdom, then let me know.
I’ve also spotted an excellent post on How to stop being busy, which has some great pointers and help that I’m going to try an implement.
Here’s to a great 2019 for all of us.