I wanted to take the opportunity before I set my goals of 2020 to look at how I did in 2019. I like to set myself goals, I suppose they are new year resolutions. I felt this year (2019) with them written down on my blog it helped me immensely to focus on the things that I think are important to me. No, I definitely didn’t achieve them all, and I’m not really the kind of person who beats themself up when they don’t achieve something. Well in most things anyway, I am very frustrated with myself when it comes to my weight.
My 2019 Goals
- Take a family photo each month – We didn’t achieve this, but this is one I’m going to roll over to next year.
- Reduce my wardrobe – By 20 more pieces of clothing and 5 pairs of shoes. I definitely feel overall I achieved this, reducing my wardrobe by 28 pieces of clothing and 4 pairs of shoes.
- Follow the TOMM Method – I had a few breaks but I downloaded the app (its a method to help keep you organised in the home) and that helped keep me on track. Mentally keeping my house clean and tidy is something that has to be consistent in order to help me. I’m going to spend some more time sharing tasks with my two girls this year too. Including teaching them a few more things to cook.
- Meal Plan – This was a disaster overall. I think I’m not cut out for meal planning all the time. I seem to be able to do it for short bursts of maybe a week, but then I get bored with the routine.
- Have at least a day a month where I do something for me – I definitely this year managed to do some things for myself, especially when some weeks it was quieter with work I took advantage of that and did projects on my Cricut.
- Read a book a month – This started off quite well, I had a dip in the middle but ended strong! I discovered Borrowbox (Library app) for ebooks and Audiobooks and was able to read 11 books in the last 3/4 months alone. So I definitely achieved my goal of 12 books. It also fitted in with my idea of spending as little money as possible on items such as this.
- Makeover my downstairs loo – This did not happen, but I’m going to roll this one over to 2020.
- Exercise – I did start Zumba which I enjoyed, especially because I went to the classes with my lovely neighbour. Unfortunately, for the time being, I can’t do high impact exercise but I’m not going to let that deter me in my quest to getting fit and healthy…and getting out of breath!
- SIZE 16 – Still a size 16, so this is one I’m going to continue working on.
- No spend on skincare, hair products and makeup – I did keep this up until October, but then we spent the half-term in the US. I just couldn’t resist Sophora, Ulta and the outlets. Now I didn’t go mad, just a few items, that I wanted to treat myself to. I’m really proud of myself though as for the rest of the year I didn’t buy excessively, adding backups to my skincare that I am in the habit of doing, and I do feel that I’m learning more about myself and the things that I use.
- Feel more confident in how I look – This also includes me taking more pride in my appearance, and looking more put together? It’s something I’ve been really conscious of and overall I think I’ve been a little better, but I want to continue to work on this.
So that was 2019, I know looking back it wasn’t great but looking back makes me even more determined to make changes in 2020.