I am in full spring clean mode, I’m feeling inspired by a great post I read called The Decluttering Mantra, by Penny from The Alexander Residence.
You can read about my oven cleaning exploits HERE.
I have a coat area in the corner of my kitchen dining room, and its been driving me mad. I think especially in winter, when we have lots of coats, hats and scarves then the area just gets really cluttered and untidy.
My tips for coat storage
- Only have things that are useful for the season you are in. Put the flip-flops and sunglasses away!
- Make sure everything still fits!
- Decluttering really is a good excuse to put all the coats etc in the wash.
- Clean and tidy the area.
- Everyone needs a box/peg for their hats and gloves.
- Make it part of the routine, as soon as you come home you put everything away.
- My nearly three year old can recognize her name now, so make sure the children can reach the peg or box and be involved too!
Well at the weekend I made sure everyone only had one coat downstairs. I bought some thick plastic boxes from The Range, (I wouldn’t normally go for Union Jacks, but I thought they turned out OK) and set about giving it a bit of a face lift.
I made labels for each of the boxes, so now when we come in, all the hats, gloves an scarves can all be neatly put away. Miss N’s even has enough room for her school bag.
It was really quick and easy, and cost me only £25 (the cost of 4 boxes) and my sanity!
Thank you for reading about my coat storage ideas.