Welcome to this new gift guide from me, an 8 year old girl Christmas gift guide no less. For all of those people looking for some inspiration, I’ve spent the last two months looking for some fun ideas to share with you. I do have quite a girly girl, in my 8 year old Miss A, and you definitely will be able to tell with what I’ve selected. I wanted to include some differently priced items this year, including stocking fillers, as well as larger more expensive gifts.
First up, I thought I would look at stocking fillers :
These are really fun perfume pens are from Scent Republik available in three scents. Made in the UK and not tested on animals they are a brilliant stocking filler at £4.95.
- WHOOSH – Make the day magic, feel the fizz! Get ready to fly with a boost of fragrant raspberry, strawberry and cassis. Just fantastical.
- CHILL – It’s time to relax. Kick back with the scent of marine aqua, apple blossom and sweet citrus. Be free!
- FAB! – Rock that frock! Work your girl power with sweet vanilla, mandarin and rich praline. Fabulous and flamboyant – own it, Princess!
These are perfect for around 8+ I think, up to tween age and they smell perfectly sweet. 😉
My next stocking filler is this Junior Charades game – £6.99, which is perfect for Christmas family fun. It really makes the game more fun if you are all surprised by the prewritten films to act out. We are going to love doing this, come the holidays. There are more adult versions of the dipstick range too at Talking Tables, if you wanted something fun to perhaps have at a dinner party.
Another great place for either stocking fillers or presents is Smiggle. If you haven’t heard of Smiggle it really is an amazing store both on the high street and online, that seems to have taken the UK by storm. My 8 year old is pretty much obsessed with everything that they make.
For stocking fillers they have a new range called Smile that would work perfectly. I actually went to my local store when this range was launched and picked up some things secretly for my daughters stocking. The Smile range has lots of jewellery and hair accessories, which no self-respecting 8 year old, can ever have enough of.
They do of course have other ranges, and have things that are themed in different ways like sports and animals. They specialise in bright fun stationary, and school items like bags and drinks bottles.
Another great idea is something fun to do over the Christmas holidays. Experimake, from Nickelodeon – The Entertainer £20 (currently on offer at £8) have loads of different kits that you can buy. They include volcano and crystal making. We went for sea shaped soaps, which you can make and use or give as gifts as the come with gift bags and labels.
A great STEM set’s ideal for ages eight and up.
Next up something that’s a little bit about gentle encouragement, a new Oral B Stages Power toothbrush. We are fans of Oral B here and Christmas is a great excuse to buy a new one, you can find some great deals on toothbrushes this time of year too. This retails at £35, but I’ve seen it for as little as £17.50.
Here are a few of the reasons, this is a great toothbrush to go for :
- The electric toothbrush heads are designed especially for kids
- Provides a gentle brushing experience
- Ideal size and softness for the mouths of children
- Makes brushing teeth fun with Frozen characters
- Compatible with the entire lineup of Oral-B Stages Power Kids Electric rechargeable toothbrush handles, except for Oral-B sonic toothbrushes
There’s been a big trend with all things unicorn over the last few years, and it doesn’t seem to be faltering. You can find so many cool unicorn items. I spotted these slippers on the Find Me A Gift website, which are the perfect gift for someone who is unicorn obsessed.
They actually had lots of unicorn things to choose from, but I also decided to add another thing to my shopping basket whilst I was on the Find Me a Gift website, and it was a personalised Alice in Wonderland book. I loved this, as you don’t just rename Alice (to your child’s name) but also 6 of the main characters. As well as games, I do try to buy books for both of my girls every year, so Miss A will be getting this, as well as a her own Harry Potter collection too, as she’s really getting into the series.
Thiis is just perfect, to have on a book shelf and pour over no matter what you age. Each book is beautifully illustrated, and packed full of information, facts newspaper articles. This is perfect for children who love finding out new knowledge or have a school project, or if you are like me and just hav a thirst for finding out more.
- Six new FULLY UPDATED hardback editions: Big History, Nature, Sports, Science, Shakespeare and British History
- 2-metre pull-out timeline in every book – each packed with over 1,000 illustrations and mind-boggling facts
- More than 240 fun-to-read newspaper articles making this set a unique encyclopedia of knowledge designed for anyone from 6 to infinity
- Each book contains a 50-question quiz, newspaper style stories, crossword and handy pocket magnifier
- All six titles come in a beautifully illustrated presentation gift box!
- Free to download Activity Pack comes with dozens of ideas for creative learning for adults and children to enjoy together
- If purchased separately the entire set would cost £77.94 but you pay just £59.95.
- Suitable for 6yrs+, Height: 37 cms, Width: 27 cms, Depth: 7 cms, Timeline: 2 metre
I’ve gone a step further than new PJ’s at Christmas this year, and decided to buy new bedding for everyone too. We all needed a change, as we’ve been redecorating all of the bedrooms. We were sent a set for each of the girls from Room to Grow. They are just perfect, each set is £32, for a single duvet cover and pillowcase. Made of 100% pure soft touch cotton and you get two for the price of one as they are both reversible. I couldn’t wait and they’ve already been using them and absolutely love them.
Finally, the VTech Kidizoom Actioncam 180 – £44.99, but you can find it on offer for less. It’s a brilliant main present for a child around the age of 5+. I’ll be doing a full review f this in new year, and showing you what we’ve managed to capture over Christmas.
I’ve been reading the reviews, and it sounds like a brilliant, and affordable alternative to a Go Pro style video camera.
One of the main things that makes it so good is the fact it has a mount and a waterproof case, which with other makes you usually need to buy separately.
- Action camera with rotatable lens for children!
- Take photos, record videos and play games!
- Add photo effects and create stop motion, slow motion and fast motion videos
- Time-lapse recording feature allows for creative action shots!
- Built-in rechargeable battery.
- 128MB internal memory, expandable with microSD (not included)
- Comes with a waterproof case for underwater photos and videos
- Includes mounts that attach to a bicycle, scooter, skateboard and more!
- Assembled dimensions: 2.2L x 9W x 6.4H cm
- Batteries required: 1 rechargeable battery (included)
I hope you’ve found this useful, and if you do take any of my advice, please do let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you.